Gransnet forums

AIBU

To want to throttle my husband?

(57 Posts)
numberplease Sat 08-Dec-12 23:17:34

My hubby rarely lifts a finger around the house, so this morning, when he offered to empty the vacuum cleaner, I jumped at the chance. Later on, I went out to the bin, to find that he`d emptied it into the recycling bin! When he surfaced from his game a few hours later, I told him what he`d done, after uttering an expletive, he said "you should have told me", I said "I was in here, you were outside", he said "it`s your fault, you didn`t say which bin to put it in"!!! Since when has vacuum cleaner dust and bits been recyclable? And surely he should know that it goes in the regular bin?

JessM Tue 11-Dec-12 07:22:23

Link here about surviving myeloma and other cancers
www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/10/my-stay-of-execution-from-cancer?CMP=twt_fd

Stansgran Tue 11-Dec-12 10:42:21

Smoking is as if not more addictive than banned drugs I am told-it is fantastic that your DH hermia is off tobacco-my DH stopped but suffers under stress wanting to smoke.If your DH hasn't gone back even with all the dreadful things happening it is probably a bigger plus than your realise. You need an enormous amount of support-as crimson said care for the carer is vital. Rally your family, friends, who may think that because the op is over and successful that it is all done and dusted and there are some very helpful people on Gransnet who have been thru' an awful lot and survived.

Deedaa Tue 11-Dec-12 20:12:51

That's a really good link JessM I recognise a lot in it.smile

Hermia46 Wed 12-Dec-12 13:43:01

To the lovely Grans who have understood and made some hugely sensible suggestions and sent such lovely hugs - thank you. I see my counsellor again tomorrow, interestingly the fact that I am seeing a counsellor has had an effect. I think he realises how awful he has been and has made an effort this week to be less self-pitying and despondent. I will certainly go and see my GP and see what she advises. Meanwhile I am hugging myself and looking after me. brew

crimson Wed 12-Dec-12 14:14:56

Good girl wink.

JAB Wed 12-Dec-12 21:09:05

Will be thinking of you Hermia, let us know how you & hubby get on.