Gransnet forums

AIBU

parking!!

(38 Posts)
ninathenana Fri 18-Jan-13 13:54:00

Just left asda. Some nice young, very slim guy took pity on me and reversed my car out of the space as the way the inconsiderate moron who parked next to me was at such an angel that his rear wheel was in my space and my middle aged spread meant I couldn't get in the drivers seat grin grin

Lilygran Sat 19-Jan-13 11:32:52

Agree, phoenix. The only spaces that are adequate for all cars are the disabled and the 'parent and child' ones. I wouldn't dream of parking in a space marked 'disabled' but I must admit to parking in 'parent' spaces sometimes.

annodomini Sat 19-Jan-13 14:30:07

And it's difficult to open a car door wide enough to get out without touching the car next door. Particularly awkward when it's windy and the door swings out of your grasp.

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Jan-13 15:14:28

I always park with the car boot out in supermarket car parks.

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Jan-13 15:18:33

I also could parallel park in small spaces on roads very well until I stopped going to work.
O bugger! How many Ls in paralel and where should they be? none of the above look right.

Nanban Sun 20-Jan-13 13:16:46

Looking for a parking space in Sidmouth, having never been there before, we drove into the Conservative Club to find that it was members only, so drove out - took all of 1min 15 secs as witnessed by the photo that came with the £100 fine!

The fine was for driving in and out. We appealed, they turned us down - with threats that the fine would accumulate until we paid. We appealed to POPLA months ago and only just heard that they agree with us and the Conservative Club are totally out of order in ever respect. Yeh!!!!! What a relief but also, having decided never to go there again, I'm quite looking forward to another trip.

Bags Sun 20-Jan-13 13:55:24

Stop with the anti Toyota Landcruiser comments too. We have one. It's the same width and only two inches longer than a Mondeo and easier to park (we used to have a Mondeo so I know). It's 'bigger' in height than many other cars but not in the amount of parking space it takes up.

Always supposing one parks it considerately of course. Which we do.

The Landcruiser V8 (used to be Toyota Amazon) is bigger and so is the Range Rover Autobiography confused.

Bags Sun 20-Jan-13 13:56:29

The crumpled face is for the name "Autobiography" for a car!

j07 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:04:00

Lol at the original post on this thread. grin

Deedaa Sun 20-Jan-13 18:39:11

Personally I would ban all 4X4 tanks with stupid names from all car parks. e.g Warrior, Samurai, Animal etc. It's always a seedy little man who gets out of one and I always think that if he's as macho as the name suggests he should be out in the wilds parking it up a mountain. I treasure the memory of the man on TV who was trying to justify his choice of Chelsea tractor. "I have to have it because it says something about who I am!" You could hear half the country standing up and yelling "Yes! That's the point you idiot!"
I did drive a massive red Nissan something or other for a while, but that was because I'd hijacked it from my husband's girlfriend so there was a lot more to it than a car. (She got it back in the end, but I got her two cats grin

Nelliemoser Sun 20-Jan-13 18:57:51

Deedaa grin

annodomini Sun 20-Jan-13 18:59:14

Deeda what a brilliant story! I'd have had the cats too. grin

Deedaa Sun 20-Jan-13 21:17:38

Result all round really - I kept the husband and got the cats and she lurched off from disaster to disaster - she even managed to blow the Nissan up when she got it back!