Gransnet forums

AIBU

Finish quantum

(44 Posts)
Galen Wed 06-Mar-13 15:12:43

To expect a GN sponsored link to work?

Ella46 Wed 06-Mar-13 17:16:01

It worked for me.....you get onto the fb page and then click 'like' to apply for the sample.

j08 Wed 06-Mar-13 17:18:50

Oh I'm not bothering with that! Specially as I haven't got a dishwasher. hmm

Ana Wed 06-Mar-13 17:19:49

I'm not joining FB just to get a free sample for something I haven't got...

Ella46 Wed 06-Mar-13 17:22:59

You don't have to join do you? confused

kittylester Wed 06-Mar-13 17:24:15

That's a bit cheeky! I haven't decided whether to sign up for FB yet!

Ana Wed 06-Mar-13 17:32:29

I thought you did, Ella - perhaps not?

annodomini Wed 06-Mar-13 17:36:50

I got as far as the Facebook page but to get a free sample I had to give the product number of the Fairy product which I am not using. Strange. confused

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 07-Mar-13 10:51:27

Sorry to we missed this thread! Please 'report' threads you'd like us to respond to in case we don't see it...

The ads change every so often - though it depends on what slots they've booked etc. They should still be there if you refresh the page, or go on a different page within Gransnet.

As for the samples... when you click on the ad, you should be taken to their Facebook page, where you can apply for your sample.

Hope that clears things up!

Ana Thu 07-Mar-13 13:46:25

All I get is a page asking me to Sign Up to Facebook...confused

Barrow Thu 07-Mar-13 13:53:56

Me too Ana

j08 Thu 07-Mar-13 14:47:57

You have to sign up to Facebook and take it from there. Bit swizz-ish I reckon.

Elegran Thu 07-Mar-13 15:13:50

It was the same with the "win a safari in Scotland" competition. Bet most people were not even aware it existed, and if they did, they had to enter on Facebook.(I think it might still be going - yes, closes on 22nd March. On Gransnet page)

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 08-Mar-13 08:25:27

'fraid all Facebook competitions/samples you'll need to sign up to be able to 'like' the page to enter. We do have one competition on our Gransnet Facebook page - it's just something we're experimenting.

j08 Fri 08-Mar-13 10:21:21

Ooh! Just seen my post about Comic Relief on facebook! Bit of a surprise! grin

(I don't mind) (the replies were just as predictable there though hmm)

GrumpyOldMan Mon 08-Apr-13 13:07:05

Sorry but this type of broken websites is a fact of life.
The problem is that website authors write the sites to suit microsoft internet explorer.
Internet explorer is written with the attitude that the web should work as it does and its workings are very non standard, even flaunting the international standards agreed by the rest of the web.
This means that web authors should??? test their web pages on internet explorer AND on browsers that adhere to the web standards. Obviously aome people do not do this!
It tis very frustrating to find sites that just don't work with your browser. I keep 3 browsers available (NOT internet explorer) in the hopes that one will work(when I can be bothered to try them!!!

soop Mon 08-Apr-13 13:19:27

I liked a visit from the Bettaware man. The string dishcloths lasted for ages. And, yes, a few wee free samples were fair exchange for the time spent listening to his sales patter.

Grandmanorm Mon 08-Apr-13 13:25:19

and the tins worked well for peevers and hopscotch.
The Bettaware tins I am talking about!!

JessM Mon 08-Apr-13 13:25:52

As a rule of thumb I would never buy anything with marketing that included the word "quantum" because the internet is awash with health frauds that use the word. And generally I'm against the trend of throwing in random scientific sounding words in advertising and marketing. Household, health and beauty sectors all suffer from this.