Gransnet forums

AIBU

supermarket staff

(31 Posts)
granjura Fri 15-Mar-13 17:57:39

Why not have asked her politely to move it away - rather than ram it? We expect staff to be polite, but courtesy should go both ways, surely. It would have taken seconds to say 'please, could you move the cage to the side?' followed by 'thanks' and a smile, no?

Movedalot Fri 15-Mar-13 17:47:31

I would have asked to speak to the Manager there and then. Now you will keep thinking about it.

Nonu Fri 15-Mar-13 17:39:19

Aren"t Asda part of the Walmart family ? I know that Walmart take customer complaints very seriously . you should have complained , in fact you are doing the management team a favour by letting them know what is going on on the shop floor .

moon

Mishap Fri 15-Mar-13 17:37:46

Not at all - I am sure that they are instructed not to block the aisle any more than is necessary.

Ana Fri 15-Mar-13 17:37:16

You should have reported her. They're very hot on customer service at Asda.

ninathenana Fri 15-Mar-13 17:32:02

Firstly I know the majority of them are polite and helpful.

However I came across one of the other kind today. She had left her 'cage' in the middle of a busy isle. Those of you that use A--a will know the isles are narrow. So nobody could move. Infact I had to smile at the lady who used her trolly as a battering ram to push the cage out of the way. She didn't like this and said to the lady that she'd only left it for a minute. Lady was obviously not one to stick up for herself so I said "You could have pushed it to one side" she replied "Well excuse me!" in a very sarky tone.
Few minutes later I over heard her and two others laughing about it all. Then I had cause to go back to the area. She was talking about it again with someone else. Clammed up when she saw me. Can't remember exactly the conversation that followed but I told her that if she continued being so rude I would report her. She told me I had been rude to her by saying she shouldn't have left it there.
Was I unreasonable?