Gransnet forums

AIBU

To have got a bit cross and shouty...

(107 Posts)
thatbags Sat 24-Aug-13 12:34:45

... when DH expected me to drive DD to her riding lesson when I had just finished getting hot and bothered (though satisfied with my work) with a hedge cutter, a saw, and loppers, tackling a rhododendron hedge that needs a ladder for me to reach the top, and all he had done this morning is lie in bed until eleven, drink coffee and lounge about reading his kindle?

He always drives her there when we are going to archery afterwards (except for one or two occasions when I have, but that has been when I haven't been hacking rhodies all morning). He likes driving and I don't. He knows this. He hates tackling hedges. Seems like a reasonable split of work to me.

Anyway, I got cross and shouty and they left. I went and had a cross shower and now I'm writing this, drinking coffee (crossly) and biting snappishly into some biscuits. Snarl. Growl.

I started some bread dough earlier. I think I'd better go and thump it.

Grrrrrr and thank you for letting me shout on gransnet. Outward sigh, somewhat releaved by getting it off my chest.

Small growl.

They forgot to take a cheque to pay for the lesson, naturally. Humph.

Gorki Tue 27-Aug-13 07:09:34

Good for Mum ! grin

thatbags Tue 27-Aug-13 07:14:23

Iam grin

soop Tue 27-Aug-13 14:07:08

Iam that story made me chuckle out loud.

nightowl Tue 27-Aug-13 19:27:46

I'm four days into the kitchen bin experiment (seeing how long before someone else empties it) and there is still no movement. I am still seeing to the compost and recycling - I'm not ready to descend into complete chaos - but I'm still intrigued as to why the waste bin remains full. Can't work out where he's putting the rubbish either. I'm taking mine out to the wheelie bin but what on earth is he doing with his?

shelby75 Wed 28-Aug-13 10:21:02

nightowl love your kitchen bin experiment!

I regularly do the 'empty toilet roll' experiment to see just how many empties are lined up before someone other than me shifts them. It's no good, I've let it get up to seven and then I cave in!

Anne58 Wed 28-Aug-13 10:44:55

Mr P seems to have bin allergy. confused

There are some things that he appears to be utterly incapable of putting in the bin. Beer bottle tops, the plastic disc thing that you have to pull off a new pint of milk, cellophane, corks.........