Gransnet forums

AIBU

To feel paranoid

(59 Posts)
Sewsilver Sat 21-Sep-13 09:12:10

I Have been here at the hospice for the last couple of weeks with DH who is now very ill. Two days ago I went out for a ten minute walk, slipped on a conker and fractured my pelvis. I can't decide if I'm living in the middle of a tragedy or a farce. I am now hobbling about on a Zimmer frame and can't drive for 6 weeks.

glassortwo Sat 21-Sep-13 09:17:00

sew I am sorry I haven't been on GN lately due to being without my laptop and didn't know your DH was in the hospice....you poor soul, what a thing to happen now, sending you a {{{hug}}} and to let you know you are in my thoughts. flowers

annsixty Sat 21-Sep-13 09:21:47

"Bad things do happen to good people" so sorry to hear, hope you soon feel better and get more mobile and I hope you are getting lots of help with lifts etc, do look after yourself.

kittylester Sat 21-Sep-13 09:23:30

(((hugs))) sewsilver. What a rotten thing to happen. flowers

whenim64 Sat 21-Sep-13 09:24:33

Oh, Sewsilver what a thing to happen now, of all times. I'm sorry you're going through it. I hope you soon recover, and send my best wishes to you both. flowers

Galen Sat 21-Sep-13 09:25:05

Get well soonflowers

annodomini Sat 21-Sep-13 09:34:10

sewsilver, that must have been the last straw. Thinking of you and have pm'd you. ((((hugs))))

Aka Sat 21-Sep-13 10:00:34

What an awful thing to happen especially at this time. You poor thing flowers

henetha Sat 21-Sep-13 10:00:41

That is really really terribly bad luck. Life can be so unfair at times.
I wish you well.
flowers

Tegan Sat 21-Sep-13 10:01:50

We were only talking last night about how bad things happen to good people [because of something that's hapening to someone we know quite well]. So I'm so sorry to hear of what's happened to you, sewsilver. Big hug from me, also.

sunseeker Sat 21-Sep-13 10:05:16

Sorry to hear of all the rotten things happening to you - I know it can sometimes feel as if the world and his wife are making things hard for you. I hope you get better soon and you are getting lots of support flowers

harrigran Sat 21-Sep-13 11:08:16

Sewsilver thinking of you flowers

Gorki Sat 21-Sep-13 11:48:07

My thoughts are with you sewsilver flowers

Mishap Sat 21-Sep-13 11:48:15

Bad enough anyway without this dreadful timing for you both. Are you able to get a lift to the hospice? Thinking of you.

j08 Sat 21-Sep-13 11:57:52

Oh my God sewsilver! That is just awful. So unfair! flowers

Nelliemoser Sat 21-Sep-13 12:20:59

Oh Sewsilver (((hugs))) that is just dreadful!

Marelli Sat 21-Sep-13 12:51:02

sewsilver, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that people will rally round to give you a bit of support just now. flowers

moomin Sat 21-Sep-13 12:51:35

What a dreadful thing to happen sewsilver, I can't imagine how awful all this is for you at the moment. I, too, am thinking of you and sending flowers to both you and your DH

gracesmum Sat 21-Sep-13 13:16:13

I am SO sorry to hear about this Sewsilver - as if you didn't have enough on your plate at the moment. Like others, I hadn't realised your DH was so poorly, so you must be under a massive strain - this could easily have contributed to the fall along with that pesky conker. Do take advantage of any and all help and support around - and I hope there is plenty, ASK if necessary and, to state the obvious, take care of yourself. Thinking of youu flowers flowers to you both and a huge, but gentle {hug}

LizG Sat 21-Sep-13 13:32:49

Very sorry to read this Sewsilver I don't think we have spoken before, but I am thinking of you flowers

Lona Sat 21-Sep-13 14:25:54

sewsilver that is dreadful bad luck, I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time.
I too hope that you're getting enough help and support flowers

Grandmanorm Sat 21-Sep-13 15:01:58

Sewsilver how horrible, I do feel for you. I hope your hip heals quickly. flowers and a glass of wine to ease the pain.

Charleygirl Sat 21-Sep-13 15:02:53

Absolutely awful thing to happen to you at this dreadful time. As others have said, I do hope that you are getting help with shopping, housework and also lifts to the hospice. flowers

wisewoman Sat 21-Sep-13 15:43:27

Life can be really shitty sometimes and just when you think things can't get worse, they do and usually to lovely people. I hope you have lots of support around to help at least with the practical details. Sending hugs and flowers.

shysal Sat 21-Sep-13 16:22:14

So awful for you! flowers