Gransnet forums

AIBU

spiders!! (big) and conkers!!

(78 Posts)
bikergran Sat 28-Sep-13 13:07:18

anyone else started being invaded with the BIG spiders..shock the ones with BIG legs little bodies.. one of our cats shot! across the lounge the other night and cornerd one..so got my glass caught it and took it outside threw it in bushes (the spider that is! not the cat) smile then about 20 mins after this other BIG spider (would have sworn it was it's twin) ran hell for leather across the room! so out comes the glass again! it must have measured approx. 2 full inch with it's legs splayed!
now then! apparently earlier this week they were talking about invasion of spiders coming in the home..and! if you place "conkers" around the home it deters the spiders! I seem to have heard this before somewhere..so of course whos going conkering soon grin

tattynan Sat 23-Nov-13 21:57:35

My daughter hates spiders and she was recommended to spray window sills and doorways with peppermint spray to repel them. Seems to work and smell nice too.

annodomini Sat 23-Nov-13 22:49:50

I have a big green plastic chest outside the back door, for storage of outdoor objects. Opened it this morning to look for something and was confronted by the most enormous spider. So I closed the lid and hoped it would at least be hiding the next time I had to find something. I wouldn't knowingly kill a spider. They do more good than harm. And besides, I was brought up in the certain knowledge that it was bad luck to kill a spider.wink