Gransnet forums

AIBU

I have just bawled my DH....

(55 Posts)
j08 Mon 30-Sep-13 09:24:58

...out into the garden where he has retreated into his shed. (good idea!)

Any grown man in this day and age should be able to use a mobile phone to send a text message himself - right? He has just made the mistake of asking me, as always, to send a message on his behalf BEFORE I'VE HAD MY BREAKFAST! He even went so far as to place the mobile phone between me and my computer (while I was on Gransnet!!!) and something just snapped! shock

Is it just him? He is quite clever in most other ways. I have tried, several times, and very patiently, to show him how to do it. And it's really not difficult.

Is it a man thing? confused

Aka Sat 05-Oct-13 08:22:48

That raises another issue Berdie and it's a matter of manners. A whole new set of etiquettes need to be developed. I don't mind someone at my house answering their mobile phone, briefly, but sitting texting, on their iPad, laptop when they've come to visit me is not acceptable. Tell them.

ps Sat 05-Oct-13 17:38:16

Aka I agree totally. The art of communicating face to face is being lost to a virtual world and we, like lemmings, are being made to feel somewhat lacking if we don't do the same by paying the telecoms companies vast sums each month in order to be able to do so. Manners maketh the person. I switch off my wifi modem when children visit but they soon realise and switch it back on again. There is no hope it seems.

berdie Sat 05-Oct-13 18:33:50

Sorry I may have given the wrong impression, they don't do it all the time. Because they are apart all week it only needs one to mention a dress or some new style shoes, and out comes the phone to view said item. They are well mannered.smile.

j08 Sat 05-Oct-13 18:59:05

berdie my lot are just the same. I get out my kindle fire and look at GN. smile