Gransnet forums

AIBU

Men!

(40 Posts)
Grummy Mon 28-Oct-13 18:17:34

I have just been told by a male acquaintance the same age as I am (55), when I said hopefully by some miracle I may still find someone special or they may find me, that nobody will want me because I have osteoporosis and cannot romp around! He said I'm very nice otherwise! Am I being unreasonable to feel as mad as a snake or do you think it's the end of the road for me?

Grummy Mon 28-Oct-13 23:34:07

I suppose there are ways and means of not breaking a few more ribs! Thanks, Hunt! First to find that someone though ...

Flowerofthewest Tue 29-Oct-13 01:01:16

Still romping and enjoying it at 65 and 73. That's after a kidney removal (me) and a cardiac arrest (DDH) plus prostate cancer - awaiting treatment (him of course) Why do you think I am still sitting here waiting to hear the snoring. AND jumping out of bed as soon as I wake (kidding really, I adore him)

As for your neighbour, insensitive and a complete prat. Have a list of replies if the subject comes up again.

Agus Tue 29-Oct-13 07:00:16

Marelli, that was pricelessgrin. I think we possibly had the same BiL. I had one who thought he was god's gift and so sharp witted.

kittylester Tue 29-Oct-13 07:13:57

Do we all share a bil? grin

Ignore him gummy. He's not even worth thinking about. angry

glammanana Tue 29-Oct-13 09:15:23

grummy What an unpleasent bloke this is ignore his comments and have yourself a good reply for next time you may be in his company to shoot him down if he says anything personal again.

Agus Tue 29-Oct-13 09:32:40

Grummy. Until that someone special turns up, don't forget that you are special too, so, before you commit yourself to anyone, make sure he deserves you. grin

Grummy Tue 29-Oct-13 09:59:39

You all are brilliant at cheering me up no end! And Agus, I have never really thought of myself that way, but if anybody appears on the horizon I might just apply that thought, note - if anybody appears shock

Lona Tue 29-Oct-13 10:00:56

Good point Agus! Don't settle for second best Grummy wink

Agus Tue 29-Oct-13 10:22:55

Grummy, don't forget that thought and if someone does appear on the 'horizon', make sure you have your glasses ongrin. If he fits the bill, it will be his lucky day.

Tegan Tue 29-Oct-13 11:01:11

I think you only find someone when you stop looking wink.

Judthepud2 Tue 29-Oct-13 11:41:23

It's never the end of the road, Grummy, and you are only 55! I think at any age being kind and considerate are the main criteria for a good relationship. A good sex life is the icing on the cake, don't you think?

Oh dear, I mentioned the s word! blush.

Have some flowers because you are worth it!

Agus LOL!

storynanny Tue 29-Oct-13 18:21:24

Flipping heck 55 is no age. Im 57 and if anything happened to me and my lovely partner I would hope neither of us would spend the rest of our lives on our own.
I remember reading somewhere that we need 3 different partners throughout our lives, one for the early young fun, one for the middle tricky bit with a mortgage and bringing up children and one for growing older with. If we are lucky its the same man for all 3 phases. So 55 is def not the end of the road!

Flowerofthewest Wed 30-Oct-13 09:27:50

Kitty, I think its Grummy NOT Gummy grin

Flowerofthewest Wed 30-Oct-13 09:29:14

Yep Judthepud, I love the icing still. You are still a spring chicken Grummy flowers for you