Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect my DDH to put less in his pockets!

(55 Posts)
Nonu Wed 18-Dec-13 21:26:36

Granny OR they could have been playing a leetle pocket billards .
Just saying !

L A L

Granny23 Wed 18-Dec-13 21:20:36

I have one of these too. He doesn't car a magnifier nor an old film case but does have several old 'lucky' coins, a miniature tool kit, cough sweets and not one but 2 lucky stones. That's not to mention his bulging wallet with notes 2 dozen cards, DGC photos and around a years worth of old receipts. I comfort myself that at least he does not stand with hands in pockets, jingling his keys and loose change, when having a conversation. My old boss and a couple of male friends did/do this constantly, driving me to distraction. I think it is a male status thing -'Hear me! I've got more keys and cash than you'. [GRRR]

Flowerofthewest Wed 18-Dec-13 21:18:10

grin

Deedaa Wed 18-Dec-13 21:15:58

I seem to have been too successful in nagging my DH about the junk in his pockets. Now when we go out he hands half of it to me and I have to lug it round in my bag!

Flowerofthewest Wed 18-Dec-13 21:09:08

My DDH is a wonderful, delightful and loving man but he has one habit that drives me to distraction. His pockets are so full in his trousers that he looks like he is wearing saddlebags. Goodness knows what he needs all this crap stuff for. We weighed them one day and the total was over 5lb.

When he was in hospital last year they needed two, yes two trays for his personal items.

One problem is that the weight of the pockets pulls on his back pocket which in turn rips at the seam. No amount of pleading will make him reduce the contents.

2 x hankies (one for nose and other for cleaning specs)
Key wallet with at least 6 keys inside.
Caravan Keys
2 sets of car keys
shed key
large Swiss Army Knife
magnifying lense (to identify insects etc)
coins, coins, coins
mobile phone
old film case (to pop specimens into)
nail clippers
(sometimes toenail clippers)

I despair, does anyone else's beloved carry such a jumble of stuff around?

When changing from one pair to another it takes an age while he fill the saddlebags pockets. When he was weighed at the hospital the other week the nurse looked astounded as he emptied his pockets onto a chair.