Gransnet forums

AIBU

vanessa feltz

(84 Posts)
JessM Wed 15-Jan-14 16:19:13

There are grandmothers that do this (I can think of one GN member) and have done through the millennia no doubt. But the point is that it is done out of need - if mother ill or dead, or failing to lactate, or if there was a multiple birth perhaps, then for most of history, unless a relative steps in, then the baby would die. So it is not unnatural in the grand scheme of things.
This however just smacks of celeb culture - trying to get lots of attention fluff.

glammanana Wed 15-Jan-14 15:49:44

Aka I wouldn't think she would have a milk shortage do you ? grin

Aka Wed 15-Jan-14 15:34:37

Bejesus! She'd smother the poor child if she tried it!

damson Wed 15-Jan-14 15:23:17

aha i see. well you can count on the media to do that. lobely that she's so excited but i did have images of my daughters horrified faces if i ever suggested such a thing!

merlotgran Wed 15-Jan-14 15:21:56

Still a funny thing to say though. Probably had her DSIL running for the hills.

gillybob Wed 15-Jan-14 15:16:18

Yes I think so too glamma I certainly don't think she meant it to be taken literally. shock

glammanana Wed 15-Jan-14 15:15:00

It has been said since the report that she meant that birth of her new DGC would bring back the bonding feeling you get when you breastfeed,so maybe taken out of context again by the media.

damson Wed 15-Jan-14 15:03:49

oops fat fingers www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/1967494-Vanessa-Feltz-wants-to-breastfeed-her-grandson

damson Wed 15-Jan-14 15:00:04

Just seen this on mumsnet and have to say I am slightly aghast! Can't imagine my DDs being very happy were i to tell them i felt like breastfeeding any of my grandchildren... confused
[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/1967494-Vanessa-Feltz-wants-to-breastfeed-her-grandson]