Gransnet forums

AIBU

They smile in your face the back stabbers

(54 Posts)
overthehill Thu 13-Mar-14 21:54:08

After something that happened recently I thought back over my life about a few instanced were I had been stabbed in the back. Actually only 3 or relevance.

The first was years ago. I worked up the city and they had a stock of company cars. They would sell these off cheap to the staff. I was after purchasing one of these cars and put my name forward when one came up. I was beaten to it by this other chap who worked there. I thought never mind, I'll go for the next one. This I did. I went to drive it home and I couldn't get it going properly. I told DH and he came up to have a look. He discovered someone had tampered with it and swopped the leads over. I guess it was the same chap who got the other car, it turned out he was making a killing selling these cars.

The next occasion was when I had been working as a temp in a local government office. I had been doing the job for nine months but when I applied to get the job myself permanently, the lady in charge deliberately told me I couldn't apply as it was only for staff already working there. I found out later this wasn't true and I could have applied. There is a lot more to this but that was an abridged version.

The last occasion recently and the most satisfying. I belong to a club and I suggested we set up a website. Along with another person I discussed this and we both agreed we weren't up to the job but I said my daughter could do it for us, free of charge. This was agreed, or so I thought. More people entered the fray then I later discovered they had other ideas and me and daughter was pushed aside and a deal had been struck with someone else in line to do the website. After this person agreed to do it, within days she came back and said she couldn't as she had too much on.
Where is will go now I have no idea but at least I have the satisfaction of it collapsing round their ears.

I'd like to hear anyone else's stories along these lines. Not anything to do with children/husbands/wives/ex's etc. not personal things.

TAB12 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:03:27

Do not let the past ruin the present and future as well as the past smile
Let it go smile

overthehill Wed 19-Mar-14 23:43:12

Thanks for your concern and advice but I am not spending my time worrying and fretting about what went on years ago. Just when the recent thing came up I thought back to those other occasions and thought it might make for a good discusion on here.

I have been on this earth a long time now and 3 occasions which p*****d me off is very few in the run of things.

TAB12 Thu 20-Mar-14 08:38:26

Totally agree with you overthehill that is good going. Sometimes you people post stuff it gets mis understood. I appreciate what you are saying now. smile

TAB12 Thu 20-Mar-14 08:39:21

sorry meant to say when people post not ---you people

Nonnie Thu 20-Mar-14 09:36:09

I don't think those things sound like back stabbing, because I think bs is personal and those just sound like generally unpleasant people.

Unless the person who has bs'd you is a family member or someone very close to you just forget it. It must have happened to me at some point but I can't remember. The only people who can do anything I would remember are people who are important to me and fortunately there is only one who has succeeded.

Soutra Thu 20-Mar-14 12:28:45

If you were not holding on to these injustices overthehill what prompted this thread? I am hearing a lot of pent-up resenrment and bitterness.
Let it go! smile

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 20-Mar-14 12:36:01

Think overthehill has already explained soutra. See post yesterday.

Soutra Thu 20-Mar-14 12:53:44

If something no longer featured in my consciousness no way could I or would
d I be able to recount it in detail or even want to air it in public. Sorry overthehill you sounded as if you were still pretty pi**ef off to me.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 20-Mar-14 14:08:52

Well, you're not flippin' helping are you? !!! hmm

smile

TriciaF Thu 20-Mar-14 14:26:32

My Dad used to say, people are either givers or takers - some of the examples on here are about takers. When they find someone new to take from you get dropped.
One of our neighbours is like that, she switched from me to someone else, who doesn't seem to mind.
I avoid her now, that's the way she is.

Nonu Thu 20-Mar-14 14:54:04

i agree with dad , Tricia 110 % .
I am definitely a giver , don"t know if good or bad , like to think GOOD.
smile

Nonu Thu 20-Mar-14 14:57:09

had another thought, if someone WAS a taker would hardly cough to it !!
heyho !!

Soutra Thu 20-Mar-14 14:57:55

Well jingl thank goodness thete's someone around to keep the rest of us right.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 20-Mar-14 14:59:38

Yes. Alright! grin

annodomini Thu 20-Mar-14 15:00:23

I can understand overthe hill's resentment, because I had a rather hurtful experience myself, but I had to let it go. I was fortunate in having plenty of support and ended up filling a very interesting niche on the Council, having responsibility for some high profile policies. I'm greatly in favour of the old adage: 'least said, soonest mended'. You will feel so much better for 'letting go', overthehill.

thatbags Thu 20-Mar-14 15:47:18

"Let go, or be dragged" Zen proverb.

Aka Thu 20-Mar-14 15:51:55

Like that.

Aka Thu 20-Mar-14 16:13:48

I didn't know it was Zen though.

More like Pony Club.

Nonu Thu 20-Mar-14 16:19:28

Titter !

Ana Thu 20-Mar-14 16:22:22

No, that's laugh-out-loud funny! You can just picture it...

merlotgran Thu 20-Mar-14 16:53:13

Aka grin never a truer word.

Nonu Thu 20-Mar-14 17:04:49

OKAY, just for YOU I will laugh out loud , can you hear me ?

Ana Thu 20-Mar-14 17:29:17

Yes - it was a bit faint due to having to travel so far, but I definitely heard it! grin

Nonu Thu 20-Mar-14 17:45:10

grin

annodomini Thu 20-Mar-14 18:11:41

Nevertheless, rather profound, Bags.