Gransnet forums

AIBU

They smile in your face the back stabbers

(54 Posts)
overthehill Thu 13-Mar-14 21:54:08

After something that happened recently I thought back over my life about a few instanced were I had been stabbed in the back. Actually only 3 or relevance.

The first was years ago. I worked up the city and they had a stock of company cars. They would sell these off cheap to the staff. I was after purchasing one of these cars and put my name forward when one came up. I was beaten to it by this other chap who worked there. I thought never mind, I'll go for the next one. This I did. I went to drive it home and I couldn't get it going properly. I told DH and he came up to have a look. He discovered someone had tampered with it and swopped the leads over. I guess it was the same chap who got the other car, it turned out he was making a killing selling these cars.

The next occasion was when I had been working as a temp in a local government office. I had been doing the job for nine months but when I applied to get the job myself permanently, the lady in charge deliberately told me I couldn't apply as it was only for staff already working there. I found out later this wasn't true and I could have applied. There is a lot more to this but that was an abridged version.

The last occasion recently and the most satisfying. I belong to a club and I suggested we set up a website. Along with another person I discussed this and we both agreed we weren't up to the job but I said my daughter could do it for us, free of charge. This was agreed, or so I thought. More people entered the fray then I later discovered they had other ideas and me and daughter was pushed aside and a deal had been struck with someone else in line to do the website. After this person agreed to do it, within days she came back and said she couldn't as she had too much on.
Where is will go now I have no idea but at least I have the satisfaction of it collapsing round their ears.

I'd like to hear anyone else's stories along these lines. Not anything to do with children/husbands/wives/ex's etc. not personal things.

MiniMouse Thu 20-Mar-14 18:28:15

"What goes around comes around" They'll get their just desserts somewhere along the line. flowers

Soutra Thu 20-Mar-14 19:41:39

cupcake cupcake???

rosesarered Thu 20-Mar-14 20:34:06

I would like some just desserts please [or even unjust ones] as I am on a diet.