Gransnet forums

AIBU

To leave dogs outside of food shops

(28 Posts)
harrigran Sun 06-Apr-14 00:48:42

On Saturday evening I went to an M&S food store and a woman carried a dog round the shop, stopping at intervals and leaning into cabinets. When she had completed her shop she stood at the checkout and the assistant fondled the dog and then carried on checking food through. Other assistants came over and patted the dog too. I thought it was against hygiene rules to do this. I am very annoyed and considering not shopping with M&S in future angry

NfkDumpling Sun 06-Apr-14 19:08:58

There are a lot of dogs around here so most of the pub/restaurants around here have dog sections and none dog sections and local food shops have water bowls and hitching hooks outside so dogs just don't go in - there just isn't space, pushchairs tend to get left outside too if the occupant is old enough to toddle round. Even the National Trust house has a no dogs restaurant and a Muddy Boots cafe where dogs are welcome.

seasider Sun 06-Apr-14 19:20:03

Went in a pub in Chorley where an old couple had two little dogs sat on the seats and eating off the table.I did not eat there! When we ran pubs we never minded well behaved dogs in the tap room which did not have carpet. Would not dream of taking my dog in M & S. I was in a McDonald's when it started raining heavily and a woman ran in with two dogs and sat there drying them with tissues. She did not even buy a drink yet staff never challenged her.