Gransnet forums

AIBU

Missing luggage

(32 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Thu 01-May-14 18:48:31

.....to expect the one item of luggage ( a massive rucksack) that I need for my annual trip to Skomer Island to be easily found in my smallish house. I have also lost the suitcase I 'think' I put it in for storage. We have looked in the box room (a feat in itself). In the loft - no luck. In the, what used to be, office which is now a heap of DH's stuff of his late (17 year) mum, and his office from when he retired (9 years). We have pulled out two wardrobes, searched the heap of junk in the garage lost souls graveyard. No luck. He even suggested that I had left it when we last went on holiday. I think I would notice several items of clothing missing. Also had the brainwave that I may have 'vacuum sealed' them. Ever tried vacuum sealing a suitcase. I think not.

grannyactivist Sun 04-May-14 12:15:51

Some years ago I 'misplaced' both my mobile phone AND a landline handset at the same time. Neither of them have been seen again. shock

sunseeker Sun 04-May-14 12:24:37

My DH was always misplacing his keys so I bought him a key ring which if you whistle it would whistle back - he lost it!

AlieOxon Sun 04-May-14 13:45:50

I had one of those too....dunno where it went!

rosesarered Tue 06-May-14 10:39:11

Elegran you are right! The moment you buy a replacement, the original turns up..... ususally in the place where it should be and you have already checked there, it's weird.I had to replace small Easter eggs [and they turned up the minute I bought the new ones.] Last week we searched for the Rose Clear in the garden shed, as the roses had black spot, only a small and fairly tidy shed, no luck, thought we must have used it so bought another.The second I got back from shopping [with a new Rose Clear] the DH said he had found it while I was shopping, in the shed, where we had looked before. Unbelievable. A few days ago, our front door key vanished from it's usual spot, and I know that it's somewhere, hiding and laughing and waiting for me to have a new key cut.Don't even get me started on the 'where do odd socks go' question.All I know is, that there IS a place.

glammanana Tue 06-May-14 11:03:32

roses I am convinced that there is an "old socks club" somewhere where they all dance about laughing at us grin
One August I went to the xmas shop (yes I know it was far too early) which had just opened in Albert Dock L'pool for some pretty special decorations for the tree,the assistant packed them up well with tissue and gave me a lovely bag to keep them in until I needed them,they where put under the stairs on top of a box which was full of other decorations,they where never seen again and from that day to this I have no clue where they went as the bag was very attractive so no one would have thrown them out by mistake,very strange indeed every year since we mention the saga of the missing decorations.

annodomini Wed 07-May-14 15:14:35

My last but two mobile phone vanished. I tried ringing the number - no response either in the house or in the car. I searched the car because that was where I remembered using it last. Went under the seats, in every possible hiding place - and came to the conclusion that it must have fallen out when I stopped to pick up a passenger, but couldn't find it outside his flat either. Reluctantly I concluded it was gone for good and acquired a new one. Months later, after I had had to brake suddenly, what shot out from under the car seat? Yes, you knew this was coming, didn't you? However, when my sister lost hers in Spain, there was no such happy outcome.