Gransnet forums

AIBU

Football World Cup - great or groan?

(28 Posts)
papaoscar Mon 26-May-14 20:35:42

I've always enjoyed the razzmatazz of these footballing extravaganzas, but what with all the poverty in Brazil and the obscene wealth on display I'm not so sure now. I hope England do well though I'm not optimistic, but I do hope that the poor happy people of Brazil get some benefit out of it. What do you think?

sunseeker Thu 29-May-14 13:45:04

Big groan from me for any sport - but I know a lot of people are interested so I will try to make use of the time by finally finishing clearing out the top two rooms which DH filled with all the rubbish treasures he took out of the attic, will also catch up with all the DVDs which I have bought but not had time to watch!

Tegan Fri 30-May-14 12:22:46

BeeWitch; it's a fantastic stadium [the S.O. who knows far more about football than I do] says it's international level. Of course, we now have the new velodrome next to it as well, along with the university buildings. Mind you, with London Road being closed to traffic for a while and the car park for the Quad burned down sad I tend not to go that way these days. I just wish they'd bring the price of tickets for football matches down; I can probably spend two days at the races for the cost of one ticket to a match these days, so I do the former. Alas,the working mans game is now longer affordable for the working man.