Gransnet forums

AIBU

Mayday! Mayday!

(31 Posts)
NanKate Sun 06-Jul-14 16:45:53

My dishwasher broke down yesterday and the chances of getting it mended before my niece and great nephew come to stay for their annual hols from Italy, is next to nil. sad

I don't like dirty dishes hanging about so I keep washing up as I go, what a total waste of my time when I could be on Gransnet, or watching tv, or reading my book or as my husband would say 'leading a hedonistic lifestyle'!

I'm thinking of hiring a butler who looks like Professor Brian Cox. grin

NanKate Thu 10-Jul-14 15:15:37

Well Sparkygran I too am about to receive a new dishwasher as we have exhausted all avenues of getting a repair for our 6 year old one. It arrives a day before the relatives invade, so I am heartily relieved. Just hope I can work out how to use it quickly. hmm

numberplease Thu 10-Jul-14 15:29:40

Rosesarered, this ME appliance doesn`t get tea and biscuit top ups, not uless I get them myself, lol!

NanKate Thu 10-Jul-14 16:19:58

Numberplease IMO I think you should threaten your family with a posse of the Gransnetters coming round to your house and insisting that YOU get a break from cooking, washing up and generally looking after them. Everyone needs a break and a bit of TLC brew flowers wine

tiggypiro Thu 10-Jul-14 16:29:26

At my first teaching job interview (Home Economics) back in 1970 I was asked if when I got married I would have a dishwasher. My reply was that I would have a husband so would not need one.
I got the job !
I bought one when he tittled off to pastures new.

numberplease Thu 10-Jul-14 17:32:47

NanKate, nothing would please me more than said posse rolling up, it wound`t please Him or Herself though!