Gransnet forums

AIBU

Projects for the winter - any ideas?

(70 Posts)
papaoscar Tue 05-Aug-14 11:17:12

First priority - how to improve motivation.

Stansgran Tue 05-Aug-14 11:18:51

Hibernation.

Aka Tue 05-Aug-14 11:35:07

Sounds good to me Stansgran grin

Ana Tue 05-Aug-14 12:14:15

It's only August...confused

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 12:16:38

EXACTLY
phew!

papaoscar Tue 05-Aug-14 12:32:01

Egyptian PT - horizontal and still. I'm training already.

Tegan Tue 05-Aug-14 13:07:01

Only made possible by the invention of that wondrous device the remote control....of course, if you change hands sometimes it is a good source of all round exercise as well wink...

suebailey1 Tue 05-Aug-14 20:12:40

Planning that's the key. I am already thinking about winter as I dread it- being unable to get out is the worst thing so my plan is to golf as much as possible up until Xmas and then in Jan Feb when the weather usually gets worse I am going to start blogging and picking up on my half written books. Of course its an ideal time for crafting, sewing etc but my hands don't work now so that's largely out for me but I'm going to try out new recipes and different cookery books. Its only a few short weeks until autumn!

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 20:18:35

HOT,HOT weather holidays for me and him!!

Indian ocean will suit us just fine !!

Ana Tue 05-Aug-14 20:22:26

What on earth's going on? Why are so many people apparently worried about what they're going to be doing months from now?

I honestly don't understand.

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 20:38:46

I get where you are coming from ANA.

However, as they are banging on thought I would put my fourpenneth in!

FGS I haven't even had my Autumn break yet.

I blame Papa he started it and has now vanished !

grin

papaoscar Tue 05-Aug-14 20:49:03

Vanished, no. Just watching the Scottish referendum debate which is getting hot. Back to winter - best to get prepared for those long dark days, I think, and there are many more opportunities to do so these days. Therefore interesting to hear the views if others.

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 21:04:11

12.32. okay your post *PAPA,[ if you can bear to tear yourself away from the Scottish referendum, which must be as fascinating as watching paint dry!!] smile

You said, Egyptian PT - horizontal and still.

I don"t know what that means , enlighten if you have the time !!

grin

JessM Tue 05-Aug-14 21:14:19

Join a political party, or if you are already a member, stick your head above the parapet and volunteer to help get the vote out at the election. Ten months to go.

Tegan Tue 05-Aug-14 21:24:31

I'm doing the school run three days a week which means I have to start getting up early again shock...Election time; oh dear..last time I did some leafleting someone's dog tried to take my fingers off sad....

Galen Tue 05-Aug-14 21:28:25

Sleep

Elegran Tue 05-Aug-14 21:31:07

All the things I meant to do this summer and have not yet got round to, plus all the things that I postponed until winter so that I could do the things I meant to do in the summer.

rosequartz Tue 05-Aug-14 21:36:48

Lots of ideas but will I get a round tuit?

MariClaire Tue 05-Aug-14 21:38:07

elegran Bingo!

Elegran Tue 05-Aug-14 21:39:20

They are in short supply, Rosequartz Everyone keeps saying that they mean to get one but I don't know anyone who has succeeded.

Elegran Tue 05-Aug-14 21:41:09

MariClaire If you will do some of my things, I will do some of yours. We might even get a couple of round tuits if we deal with each others lists.

papaoscar Tue 05-Aug-14 21:45:22

Egyptian PT, Nonu, the venerable army practice in very hot climes of retiring into the shade with a cold drink at every opportunity and staying there very still, until things cooled down a bit. A form of virtual physical training very easy to adapt to winter conditions, using a bit of warmth and a hot toddy or two. Doesn't do much for the old grey matter, though, hence my enquies.

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 21:52:43

OH right! Thaankyou!

x

rosequartz Tue 05-Aug-14 21:54:08

I have found a round tuit at the back of the cupboard! Yes, seriously, bought on a trip to Cornwall years ago. Must shove it back in the cupboard before it gives me a guilt trip.

Elegran Tue 05-Aug-14 22:17:29

Hang on to it, It is very rare and could be a sensation on the Antiques Road Show.