Gransnet forums

AIBU

to be pleased that, today, DD3 called the Idiot an ar****le!

(13 Posts)
kittylester Thu 04-Sep-14 12:25:23

That's DH's for the Idiot! Makes me smile

annodomini Thu 04-Sep-14 12:23:34

Wish I'd thought of that one, janerowena.

ninathenana Thu 04-Sep-14 11:58:02

jane I have heard that one before smile and there are a couple if people I'd use it for !

Agus Thu 04-Sep-14 11:09:09

grin

janerowena Thu 04-Sep-14 10:57:58

I don't swear, but Ex did quite often. I know your daughter is getting better because once when he rang to shout at me I called him a word* I had just made up, it came out involuntarily as hers probably did. I felt so much better afterwards. grin

F***features, if anyone is interested! Can't see it catching on...

harrigran Thu 04-Sep-14 10:18:07

kitty flowers

kittylester Thu 04-Sep-14 09:52:31

Thank you all!

The language didn't thrill me but I've mentally called him much worse, so i can't complain!

suebailey1 Thu 04-Sep-14 09:22:46

Sounds good as she manages each small step she will get stronger. best wishes
xxflowers

ninathenana Thu 04-Sep-14 00:06:34

Glad to hear she's making progress kitty

janerowena Wed 03-Sep-14 21:49:38

I remember that feeling, she will soon be back to her proper self. It takes a while to get your self-respect back after years of being brow-beaten.

Agus Wed 03-Sep-14 19:28:45

Go kitty's DD. The worm has turned and I hope she now goes on from strength to strength.

vampirequeen Wed 03-Sep-14 18:52:56

That's brilliant. It may not sound much to people who haven't been bullied and controlled but it's a huge step and a major victory for her

kittylester Wed 03-Sep-14 18:49:46

I don't think IABU!!

Since she came to live here she has been scared to upset him but he tried his bullying again today and she told him to get lost. I am so chuffed. sunshine

I'm sure it won't be all straight forward and we'll have bad days again. She has been much more upbeat since too!

DD3 was the sort of person who would argue the point with anyone and stand up for people being bullied or harassed before she met the Idiot. Since she left him we have learnt some awful things about his treatment of her, mostly from her sisters or her friend, so we are thrilled to have progress!