Gransnet forums

AIBU

to think that only old people should go to areas where there is nudity?

(54 Posts)
sonearsofar Mon 22-Sep-14 14:59:39

a bit of a long-winded question, I know.
The reason I ask is that my dh and I were recently in a spa in Germany that had a 'no clothes' policy. I have no problem with that, even though I'm getting on and am overweight, partly because I know I'll never see anyone else there again.
I also find it interesting to see how people's bodies age, especially women in my age range.
What I don't like seeing a young women with beautiful bodies. As I write this, I know how weird it sounds, but I just think that they shouldn't be on view to every Tom Dick and Harry.
I wasn't spending all my time looking at people (I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't see much), it just felt wrong.

rosesarered Wed 25-May-16 09:01:24

Would Mr Darcy have looked so attractive emerging from the lake he if had been starkers? grinNo, it was the big white shirt he was wearing that saved the day ( and his blushes.)

loopylou Wed 25-May-16 11:09:17

We've been on naturist beaches and quite frankly, once you've seen one you've seen them all. I think it's quite reassuring that not everyone is young and slim!
I certainly don't see anything sexual about being on a nudist beach..... perhaps I'm missing the point, no pun intended, and swimming naked is lovely!
I can't see much without my glasses anyway!?

sunseeker Wed 25-May-16 11:59:50

If someone wants to sunbathe or swim naked I have no problem with that. Are not nudist beaches signed as such? It's not something I would do myself because I don't have that much body confidence, but if someone is offended then surely all they have to do is move away.