Gransnet forums

AIBU

New Year resolutions. Worth it or waste of time?

(30 Posts)
papaoscar Sat 20-Dec-14 07:18:19

Any early thoughts?

TerriBull Thu 01-Jan-15 14:05:13

Same old stuff, lose weight, I will achieve this by adding a teaspoon of cumin to my daily yogurt, a study in Iran has shown that those who have done this lose weight quicker. I suppose I will have to eat less as well, bother! and move about more, still trying to achieve the 10,000 steps a day but have been fallen short of achieving this lately, so back to the gym next week.

I am also going to throw more things away like half used bits of make up that are languishing in various make up bags around my bedroom. I've inherited a collection of old albums and 45s so I'm going to see if I can sell them on ebay, I've never used ebay before, so it's good to have a new experience for the New Year.

Jane10 Thu 01-Jan-15 20:24:09

I don't make resolutions but I have a jobs list which I may convert to a GANTT chart. I know I'll do it all then. I really like to be organised! It also means I can relax as I know what's scheduled so can veg out with a clear conscience! Don't hate me. I can't help it!

papaoscar Fri 02-Jan-15 10:09:51

Having picked up a stinking head-cold on Christmas Eve I am only just getting over it. Taste and appetite vanished, energy levels plummeted, aches and pains surfaced, apathy reigned and sleep has been the only respite. On reflection have I stumbled on the perfect New Year diet? Be bold, get a cold!

loopylou Fri 02-Jan-15 10:15:19

Poor you papaoscar, do hope feel better soon - good excuse for a hot toddy?