Gransnet forums

AIBU

Looking for opinions re contact with GDs father

(27 Posts)
carol123 Wed 04-Feb-15 16:17:01

Just need to get someone elses views on this as not sure what will happen next. DD lives with me and DH. She was in an abusive relationship with boyfriend for 4years but never told us all about it until they parted. They have a baby now 6mths old. Her ex has rammed a door into her back, slapped her, left finger bruises on her arms n legs, left red marks all up her wrist and twisted her arms etc etc. She is prosicuting for assult. He was always so sorry would never do it again ...
He didnt want the baby wanted her to miscarry, shouted shut the f up in babys face, punched walls when she was feeding at night, told baby he hates her, wants her to die (yes to a baby) also hurt her legs pressing them down when she didnt keep still threw baby onto a bed. She told her friends and they reported it to SS. She threw him out the end of nov and then told me all about it.
He is applying for unsupervised access 3nights a week driven by his mother. His mother doesnt believe anything my daughter has said and told SS that my daughter has Munchausens disease. I have seen the red marks and heard him shouting and swearing at her here so know she is telling the truth. My daughter has offered the grandparents to visit baby anytime here and really wants them to see her as its babys family. She is afraid he will hurt baby if he has her with him and his parents dont see him as a risk thinks she made it all up. They have refused for my daughter to visit them with the baby when ex is at work (he lives with parents) Ex has also denied the baby is his to CSA and threatened to f my daughter up if she doesnt sign away his parental rights. But at the same time hes applied for access 3nights a week!!!! What do others think of this?

Nelliemoser Wed 11-Feb-15 09:44:58

Carol123 I hope you get it sorted.

It appears from what you say the police have seen this idiot's mother in action and will have a good idea what that family might be like. That evidence should go along way to support no unsupervised contact arrangements.

The behaviour of this boyfriend with regard to his aggression sounds typical of such men.

Your daughter is well out of it. I suspect that with such men the arrival of a baby make these men feel that the mum's affection has shifted from him and they cannot cope with that.

At least the police etc seem to realise the potential danger this man and his family could present.