Gransnet forums

AIBU

Daughter over son

(128 Posts)
Liza80 Wed 18-Feb-15 21:01:01

Hi my mum thinks I prioritise my daughters over my son I have always bought my daughters expensive vans as school shoes now that my son has started to wear cheap primark plimsolls as school shoes similar to vans my mum thinks my daughters should be in the primark ones aswell because I can't afford to buy my son a pair should they ?

soontobe Mon 23-Feb-15 13:50:03

Not my problem I suppose.

soontobe Mon 23-Feb-15 13:47:54

x post.

I know Ana. She did one thread. That one only had her left on it. So she has started another.

soontobe Mon 23-Feb-15 13:46:21

grin maybe

I suppose my take on it is, if this light stuff goes well, they move on to nastier stuff.

Ana Mon 23-Feb-15 13:44:53

Although to be fair, he/she only posts sporadically and never at length recently. Just the odd line when the thread looks like slipping off the radar...hmm

loopylou Mon 23-Feb-15 13:43:14

And of limited vocabulary and imagination?

Galen Mon 23-Feb-15 13:41:24

Someone with very little to do and too much time to waste.

soontobe Mon 23-Feb-15 13:19:37

I am not Soutra. Oh, I am not!

Galen, do you think the op is just having fun, and is completely harmless?

Soutra Mon 23-Feb-15 13:09:02

Don't hold your breath, soontobe!

Galen Mon 23-Feb-15 12:54:22

hmm

Soutra Mon 23-Feb-15 12:15:35

smile

soontobe Mon 23-Feb-15 12:11:07

I am coming back in again.
I didnt stop before as I assumed correctly that others wouldnt.
I have never seen it done.

I think that this op is fair game.
So I am going to speak to him or her.
I dont think him or her will reply properly, but hey ho.

1. Are you lonely?
2.Are you bored?
3. Have you got a bet on, in which case you are and will do very well.
4. Do you have mates who will marvel at your "work"?
5. Have you other mates waiting in the wings to see how gransnet reacts?
6. Do you like fun? In which case I do think that your time could be more productively spent, but what do I know?
7. How old are you?
8. Do you speak like this on other forums too?

I would like to just add, that this thread is harmless.
But if you were to do or are doing something worse elsewhere, that you really need to think about what you are doing and why.
And get some professional help if needed.

loopylou Mon 23-Feb-15 11:53:37

Possibly a compliment too!
I'm at a loss how women can wear vertiginous heels, propped up is a brilliant description, can't imagine they could walk anywhere without hanging onto someone/something.
I remember seeing a photo of Victoria Beckham's feet, painfully deformed by bunions so I imagine that's how many models, actresses feet will end up.
Even before I smashed my ankle/tibia and Fibula I could wear stilettos- always worried I'd walk like Dick Emery in drag hmm, nota a good look!
To those GNs who can walk in high heels, envy!

gillybob Mon 23-Feb-15 11:48:07

That reminds me of a pair of very comfortable beige suede loafers I had a couple of years ago annsixty DGD 1 (then aged 7) asked me not to wear them when I picked her up from school as they were "just too horrible" shock

FarNorth Mon 23-Feb-15 11:42:59

grin
Neither should be insulted - you both have a lot of sense, imo.

annsixty Mon 23-Feb-15 11:40:21

My DD is starting a new job today and on Saturday bought a pair of comfortable shoes as she will be on her feet a lot. GD (12) said they look the sort of shoes Nanna would wear. D said I don't know which of us should be insulted.

FarNorth Mon 23-Feb-15 11:35:10

I just saw a close up of a model's feet, on tv. It looked like she was propped up on some sort of a stand - then I realised she was on stillettos.

I am horrified at the kind of shoes that make people (women) totter on the balls of their feet, and so many fashion features in magazines and on tv, make out that these are good things to wear!

It's not just cos I'm old - high heels (but not as ridiculous as now) were fashionable when I was young but I never liked them.

gillybob Mon 23-Feb-15 11:20:01

I never did get that pair of Powder Blue Doc Martens Stansgran sad

My most favourite shoes I ever had were a pair of tan coloured Pineapple Wedges. 1978. I was 16.

FarNorth Mon 23-Feb-15 11:12:40

btw, I'd really like to know what kind of shoes you wear yourself, Liza80.

FarNorth Mon 23-Feb-15 11:11:38

What's wrong with a bit of a chat, even if we think the OP is a bit silly?

Stansgran Mon 23-Feb-15 10:39:39

Hijacking or natural conversational divergence ? I'm still dazzled by powder blue Doc Martens.

Galen Mon 23-Feb-15 10:18:26

You're not your angry

Galen Mon 23-Feb-15 10:18:02

Your all mad. Mad I say!

Soutra Mon 23-Feb-15 10:10:30

But you just did the opposite! shock. As did I grin !!

soontobe Mon 23-Feb-15 08:07:26

True Ana. I will keep schtum.

Anne58 Sun 22-Feb-15 22:27:18

Good point, Ana grin Perhaps in future, if we cannot bring ourselves to ignore or walk away, a concerted hi jacking might be an interesting way to go?