Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be feeling a bit fed up and used?????

(56 Posts)
felice Sun 22-Mar-15 10:26:59

Sorry if this is a bit long but need to get it off my chest. 2 and 1/2 years ago I moved to a one bedroom apartment in SIL and DDs house.
For the last year SIL has hardly spoken to me. No argument or anything.
I look after DGS age 3 nearly everyday, from the past 15 days he has stayed here 9 nights and been to visit everyday for at least 4 hours a day.
I am disabled and in constant pain.
I moved back into the city from a village on outskirts where I had a lot of friends, in this area although I am near my Church I do not really know anyone around. I am unable to use public transport and though I live in a lively area of the city I don't really get the chance to benefit from it.
I had a blazing row with DD on Thursday evening she arrived at 19.00 to collect DGS, supposed to be 15.00. A friends Mother had died and he and SIL were in a right state, SIL grieving for his own Mother who died 21 years ago. I was fed up and told her he should get on with his life instead of forcing her and DGS to live with her ghost, 'don't touch a glass as it had been his Mothers, not buying new furniture as everything was his Mothers, using a tiny old washing machine, he gave me a hard time for pruning the roses in the garden, it had never been touched, for 19 years, it is now at least a safe place for DGS to play. I would qualify for sheltered housing here but that could be anywhere in Belguim as I would be government funded i would not have a choice just have to take what i was offered. I also do not want to move away from DD and DGS as they are all I have. I really feel for DD as she is between a rock and a hard place. Thanks folks I really needed to get this off my chest.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 16-Apr-15 15:42:18

Or bury the cat under it.

rosequartz Thu 16-Apr-15 18:14:50

smile

rosequartz Thu 16-Apr-15 18:15:54

That smile was for felice btw, not jings

although you can have one too if you like:
smile

felice Thu 16-Apr-15 18:22:29

No I am very careful with the rose although SO is horrified, says it is illegal to bury ashes anywhere other than in set areas here, in fact SIL commmented on how well it was looking, believe me that was not hard, don't mention the cat, SO caught DGS trying to follow it onto the shed roof via a plank of wood this afternoon. DGS, if it is there it WILL be climbed !!!!!

annsixty Thu 16-Apr-15 18:56:01

Slight digression here. My father died in 1949 and when his mother died in the 1970's my mother agreed that she could be buried with him as she wanted to be cremated. Forward to 2006 and my paternal aunt died followed very shortly by my mother. We asked that mum's ashes be scattered at the crem. The evening before the funeral my cousin rang very embarrassed to tell me that they had actually dug a hole in the original grave and buried her mum's ashes ,so we rang the funeral directors to ask for the ashes to be given to us. We then did the same as my cousin and dug mum's ashes in. DO NOT REPEAT THIS AT HOME as it illegal. So now you know my guilty secret.