Gransnet forums

AIBU

to feel it is time to let the election threads die off

(36 Posts)
mollie65 Sat 16-May-15 07:42:13

was hopeful when I saw they had disappeared off active during the spamming
only for them to reappear this morning shock
enough and more than enough
it is time to give the constant posting on the same subject by some members a rest - the threads are getting personal and in my case I was quite offended by a sarcastic remark that was completely uncalled for.
I enjoy debate and different opinions but these threads have gone on far too long - even mumsnet AIBU have moved on to other topics. grin

Ariadne Sat 16-May-15 18:53:34

And me, petra! It is stimulating to read so many opinions and ideas, and to learn as I go. It's our future, and that of our children and grandchildren that are at stake. Healthy debate is good, and if it gets a bit nasty, well, look at what's happening with the political groups today - especially those who didn't win.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple. There's always steam cleaners, or bras to discuss. Both of which I have enjoyed too, BTW!

Ana Sat 16-May-15 19:05:32

And yet quite a few members were complaining about the post-election bile being posted on certain threads, including you, Ariadne if I remember rightly.

I don't think mollie meant that the whole 'politics' forum should die off!

FarNorth Sat 16-May-15 19:48:29

Just that it should cower quietly in a corner, maybe?

Ana Sat 16-May-15 19:49:14

As though that's going to happen, FarNorth! grin

petra Sat 16-May-15 20:00:02

No no no, FarNorth. I think these threads have shown that there are still women (of a certain age :-) ) out there who's brains are still working.
And I have to say that the most interesting and insightful have been of a different political party to me.

durhamjen Sat 16-May-15 23:16:00

Anti austerity march in London next month in case anyone's missed the link.

www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/end_austerity_now_national_demonstration_saturday_20th_june?e=4f295de050c123204df7f4a5c79d8428&utm_source=thepeoplesassembly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=resonstodemo&n=2

durhamjen Sun 17-May-15 13:19:21

Only women, petra?

Anniebach Sun 17-May-15 13:42:59

If one finds a thread boring or irritating surely one ignores it and respects the fact that if a thread is active it's because those who post on the boring or irritating thread do not find it boring or irritating

GrannyTwice Sun 17-May-15 13:58:21

I don't think Mollie was clear about what she meant by an 'election thread'. Discussions about the EU and HRA, NF, etc resulted from the election but took the discussion on.

annodomini Sun 17-May-15 14:32:47

A thread about threads? Isn't that against the rules? confused