Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU - NOISY NEIGHBOURS IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS

(27 Posts)
Coolgran65 Mon 03-Aug-15 03:05:37

The bungalow facing us is rented out and the present tenant is a mother with two teenage daughters. There was a DH appears to have left but calls to take dds for overnights. .mother is not friendly, no acknowledgement when coming and going.

On occasions, about once a month there is a lot of noise, loud music, people arriving at the door bang bang knocking till there is a reply.

Tonight it is nearly 3am and we have really loud music blasting. I am so angry and really want to go to the door to complain. Other neighbours have commented following previous musical occasions but no one has yet approached her. DH says we don't go to the door because we don't know what type of person/company we'd be dealing with. (I.e. our Windows smashed some time. confused )

There was a time one could have called the police but nowadays it seems petty considering how few police are available and the likelihood that there's only one patrol car covering a 50 mile area.

I could approach the tenant tomorrow regarding this.....but still don't know how amenable / cooperative they mums May or not be.

There are 10 properties in our quiet little cul-de-sac mostly older folks in their 50s, 60s, 70s.

What would you do?

fillygumbo Sun 09-Aug-15 10:49:12

you have my sympathy coolgran I can`t add to the advice others have given you. I do think it a good idea to get together with other neighbours to compare notes and written confirmation of what is going on.
Very goodluck it hope the situation gets resolved.