Gransnet forums

AIBU

Can I join in, even if though I'm not a 'Gran'?

(112 Posts)
snowberryZ Wed 19-Aug-15 14:18:42

I've come over from the 'other place'.
Like others, I tried to log in to MN this morning and it won't let me (I don't think I've said anything I shouldn't have, or had any arguments that I know of shock )
I think it's because they are making everybody get new passwords (what with their 'problems' and all)
I can't get a password reset as I don't remember the email address I registered with, which is a fat lot of good. confused Anyway, I don't really feel 'safe' on there at the moment, so won't be trying too hard to get back on there for a while.

I remembered that I'd joined Gransnet a while ago, but hadn't used it much at the time, because I felt like a bit of a fake - what with not even having any grandchildren of my own- even though I'm the right age hmm.
Are there many that post on here, who also aren't 'grans'?
I hope it's alright to be on here. It seems like a nice place. Not as intense as MN, but still with interesting subjects to discuss.
On the other hand, NetMums seems too twee for me.
Thanks.

TheExMotherInLaw Sun 23-Aug-15 17:12:18

Thanks for starting this thread. I've just snuck in from t'other place, too, feeling like an intruder, as I have no gks, and no prospect of any either (sob, sob).
I'm an owl, too.

Maggiemaybe Sun 23-Aug-15 17:55:06

I think GN could do with an 'ignore' button, so that no GNer had to get their knickers in a twist reading the posts of people they really can't do with. I'd be so much happier if I never again read the posts of two particular contributors (and no, neither of them is soontobe smile), yet I don't stop looking at them. It's like scratching an itch.

Welcome to Gransnet, new people! And you'll find the free books if you click on the Books tab. Just make sure you don't nab my copies. grin

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 23-Aug-15 18:10:06

Have they got anybody left over at the Other Place? shock

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 23-Aug-15 18:11:29

You realise Maggiemaybe that everyone is now racking their brains to figure out who you mean. (and quaking in case it is them!) grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 23-Aug-15 20:19:07

grin No, jingl, these two wouldn't care what anyone thought, and I can't imagine them quaking either!

annsixty Sun 23-Aug-15 21:18:08

I think we all have our own lists!!!

Ana Sun 23-Aug-15 21:20:17

Yes indeed! grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 23-Aug-15 21:24:22

Perhaps if we did get an 'ignore' button, some GNers would end up just talking to themselves and wondering why nobody was arguing with them any more... grin

Ana Sun 23-Aug-15 21:25:48

Well, it's sometimes like that on one or two of the political threads anyway...wink

Maggiemaybe Sun 23-Aug-15 21:32:48

smile

Blodyn Sat 24-Oct-15 23:03:46

O good, just put this in a search to see if it was ok to join if your not a "gran". My question has been answered. Yay!