Gransnet forums

AIBU

last gran standing

(33 Posts)
Rosannie Fri 21-Aug-15 03:16:52

I've often wonderful what time the last post is made and what time the next first post occurs.
Are the Gransnet forums open 24/7 ?

Tegan Wed 26-Aug-15 11:24:57

That's why I tend to fall asleep watching the telly these days [usually BBC4 but last night was watching a documentary I'd bought for someone and it had been passed back to me]; never happened to me when I was younger but, if I don't get to sleep straight away these days dark thoughts start appearing. Strangely enough; the more I'm enjoying a programme the more likely I am to nod off [and then have to watch it again another night; ad infinitum..]

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Aug-15 11:47:47

Marelli have you trie audiobooks, using earphones? I have several that I will never hear the end of.

Tegan Wed 26-Aug-15 13:31:45

jingle; I don't know if it's just me but I can't listen to things using earphones. Wondered if anyone else has the same problem [makes my ears feel funny confused].

Marelli Wed 26-Aug-15 21:29:43

jingl, I do read (for hours!) in bed, but when I'm in 'worry mode', can look at the same page for ages without taking it in (as is usual, of course.
I did try borrowing CDs from the library and using a wee portable player, but found the quality of the CD's was bad.I'm in bed nice and early tonight - and what am I doing???? I'm on here! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Aug-15 21:51:09

Tegan I find I can hear spoken word better with earphones shoved into my ears. Somehow it seems to go straight to my brain, without any outside interference! I do wonder though if it contributes to the beginnings of deafness I definitely have.

Marelli I listen to my audiobooks on a mini iPad. I use Apple in-ear earphones. (no sound leakage to disturb DH) Any spoken word seems to calm my brain down and lull me to sleep. Hope you find something that works for you.

Marelli Thu 27-Aug-15 05:03:33

Thanks, jingl, I'll have a scout around and see what I can find. Wonder if I can do anything on my smartphone, as I don't have an i-Pad?

baubles Thu 27-Aug-15 05:20:05

Mareli I'm sure there will be an app available which will allow you to download music to your phone. A guided meditation may help you relax enough to sleep.