Gransnet forums

AIBU

National Jigsaw Day today

(31 Posts)
Cambia Tue 03-Nov-15 12:11:25

Apparently it is National Jigsaw Day today. How do these days occur? Does someone just make them up? My son has built up an online jigsaw business and knew nothing about this until yesterday! I do find it encouraging though that lots of families are buying jigsaws to do together as a family and putting the iPads away for a while. I thought it was more a grans activity but perhaps I am biased as I always have one on the go! Have to limit myself as once I start I can't stop - anyone else have the same addiction?

rosequartz Thu 05-Nov-15 15:20:28

I have just looked at a Wentworth puzzle online - I would love to buy it for DH but it only goes up to 250 pieces.

DanielMorris Fri 27-Nov-15 09:09:44

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mollie Fri 27-Nov-15 12:33:56

I haven't done a jigsaw in years but bought a couple last Christmas. I was so disappointed with the quality, they were flimsy cardboard and not much fun to use so I got half way through one puzzle and gave up. The other's untouched. But I'm very tempted buy the RT Christmas jigsaw this year...

dancingnana1 Fri 27-Nov-15 12:50:08

I am new to jigsaws. I have begun with 500 piece jigsaws. I had a stroke 4 years ago and have found doing jigsaws has been good for my coordination. My dh made me a board with a lip all around the sides so that the pieces don't fall off. The board slips easily under my chair in the living room when not in use.
I find that jigsaws are very addictive!

Greyduster Fri 27-Nov-15 15:28:33

I can't get on with jigsaws, though I don't mind putting a few pieces in one somebody else is doing! DH, on the other hand, loves them and once he gets going it is to the exclusion of all else - if GS comes round, both of the are lost to the world. And I hate eating off trays while the dining room table is covered in bits.