Gransnet forums

AIBU

[tchgrin] All aboard for the GN virtual Christmas Beano (It's just for fun[tchgrin])

(87 Posts)
boheminan Wed 16-Dec-15 19:07:40

Plans for the Virtual Christmas Sleigh Ride/Beano are being cobbled together. As it's a Christmas Day event, I'd suggest 25th December would be a good day for it?tchgrin
To pull the sleigh, so far I've managed to enlist Paxo and Stuffing, two chickens from next door, they desperately don't want to be next door on Christmas Daytchhmmroastchicken but I do feel a few more little beasties would be beneficial, so if you know of any who wouldn't mind being harnessed up to do a bit of pulling, please bring them along (or perhaps you'd like to give it a go yourself)?

Elves are being difficult to enlist. None of them will work on a minimum wage and are demanding triple wages (what with it being Christmas). Any suggestions here? tchhmm

Shall we break the journey up into sections? Perhaps starting at Inverness c12.00am, stopping off at a hostelry 12.15pm (followed by a communal wee stop (after around 5 miles - c12.18pm)? Using this criteria throughout, I reckon we'd hit Lands End at around 11.00pm 30th December, just in time for New Years Eve celebrationstchwink.

These are just my thoughts to what I hope will be the beginning of a madcap Christmas Day journey, that only the likes of us GN'rs can achieve, all suggestions (mostly) gratefully receivedtchgrin

EVERYONE'S WELCOME TO JOIN IN AT ANYTIME. WE'LL BE PICKING UP THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY, THROUGHOUT THE DAY...COME AND JOIN USwine

NfkDumpling Thu 24-Dec-15 20:04:14

He's over Turkey now. Certainly shifting - I went out into the garden at 5.20 to watch him go over. Lovely clear sky and a good view (although he was a bit low in the sky this year.

Elegran Thu 24-Dec-15 20:05:48

Almost at Amman, Jordan. He can certainly shift. I suppose he has to, there's a lot of ground to cover.

NfkDumpling Thu 24-Dec-15 20:06:50

Oh, and if your sleigh / beans is passing Kings Lynn, we'll be at our DS's and I happen to know that Mr Tesco gave him a bottle of whisky as his order was late. I'm sure he won't mind sharing.

NanaandGrampy Thu 24-Dec-15 20:16:49

Typical Boheminan !

But I have to say that sounds like a yodel delivery driver rather than Santa
;-)!!

Will you be collecting the trouser less elf or shall I give him a lift to yours ?

Marmight Thu 24-Dec-15 20:18:15

Eritrea - he's certainly dodging about tchshock

Elegran Thu 24-Dec-15 20:52:13

Cape Town. Must be trying to cover absolutely everywhere. I hope those reindeer get a good rest tomorrow.

downtoearth Thu 24-Dec-15 20:53:00

not sure where he is or I am at the moment courtesy of Blossom Hill and Baileys grin

boheminan Thu 24-Dec-15 22:01:34

NanaandGrampy - we'll pick up TE on our way past.

Cunning Plan A is to leave N. Ireland at 12.00noon. Looking across the hills over there at the moment, there's quite a few snowmen and Santas bouncing from chimneys, waiting for pick up. ninathenana will 12.00 be okay for you?

NanaandGrampy Thu 24-Dec-15 22:54:49

Thats perfect , I'll dangle him on the washing line by his braces so you can just swoop past and grab him :-))

ninathenana Fri 25-Dec-15 00:55:06

12.00 should be fine thanks. I sent DH up on the roof to secure the snowman this afternoon so all's ready.

Jane10 Fri 25-Dec-15 07:20:54

Where are you?

boheminan Fri 25-Dec-15 07:48:58

Good morning Jane10 - you can stop jumping up and down with excitement now...the Santy's will be on their way soontchgrin.

I'm in the garden hanging the washing out over some hedges at the moment. Paxo and Stuffing have laid an egg, so I'll have them lightly boiled (why does that feel canniballistic?!) for breakfast before I start getting dressed. The red suit's hanging over a bush to dry, the whiskey's been taken out of the peat bog, and the mince pies are finely burned to a cinder. I'm awaiting ninathnana (she's obviously overslept - againtchhmm) then we'll be off at around 12.00.
Anybody in GNLand can wave us down anytime, anywhere.

Don't forget, this is Virtual Reality Land where anything is possible! tchwink HO! HO! HO!

PRINTMISS Fri 25-Dec-15 08:20:05

Just saw him going toward Isle of Wight, bit late I think, or perhaps he has a date there?

annsixty Fri 25-Dec-15 08:20:53

I will be in my finery about 10am so I will be up the nearest large tree so that you can just scoop me up and don't need to land. Happy Flying everyone.

NanaandGrampy Fri 25-Dec-15 08:33:00

Merry Christmas one and all !!

TE is up and ready and will be hanging from the washing line any time now for pick up when you're ready !! You'll recognise him as he is currently playing the saxaphone that some thoughtless kind person bought him !!

Nelliemoser Fri 25-Dec-15 08:48:19

Good morning party people. I am still in my dressing gown having been sitting with my mug of tea and reading my book for about an hour. An unusual morning treat for me.

Teetime Fri 25-Dec-15 08:54:42

Morning each - love the saxophone just the kind of present I like giving the children of other people!! Juts going to pop the turkey on low and off to church.

Nelliemoser Fri 25-Dec-15 08:56:03

If we have a donkey we could do our own nativity play. Go out wassailing and irritating the neighbours.

I am in Cheshire. You could pick me up from the M6.

angie95 Fri 25-Dec-15 09:53:52

You are all welcome to mine for Cheese and crackers and a little wine, if you bob into Salford, Lowry's home town xx

Charleygirl Fri 25-Dec-15 10:14:52

You are welcome here in NW London for a wee stop- provided all musical instruments are left at my front door. Bins for disposal are available! I would hate to disturb my lovely neighbours- it is so quiet here, not sure if you rowdy lot would not lower the tone somewhat. All the animals are very welcome but any stray DHs must be removed when you leave.

italiangirl Fri 25-Dec-15 10:23:02

This seems like a very good idea we are under a warm.duvet can we bring this too changes in family dynamics mean that we are not rushing around like mad things so it's going to be chilly at the north pole ,missed the space station ,transit over us so would like to come abord.

Jane10 Fri 25-Dec-15 10:37:54

I could cat sit if it lets some of you jump on the sleigh. Just drop off the moggies at my virtual catateria! I've got Dreamies.......

Nelliemoser Fri 25-Dec-15 11:10:48

I am not being invaded by the family ands DGs's until Sunday afternoon. so everything is low key at present. I would like some mulled wine if any one has any. It might get me in the Christmas mood.

Crafting Fri 25-Dec-15 11:36:26

Mulled wine on its way Nellie (or mullet wine as the refer to it in Switzerland!) Happy Christmas one and all. I'm off to find where I've hidden the Christmas pud tchconfused ??

Tegan Fri 25-Dec-15 11:56:57

....I thought Eritrea was just outside Stoke on Trent....confused....