Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU...to object to the new Chris Moyles advert?

(58 Posts)
AlieOxon Wed 13-Jan-16 10:23:51

I was completely shocked to see his (apparent, I know) behaviour.

And what I hope is that my toddler grandson won't see it. What does a very young boy think on watching this?
I'm horribly afraid that it's 'This is what people do...'

My 14-year old grandson is just feeling his muscles. 'This is what I could do' ?

ninathenana Wed 13-Jan-16 11:37:24

A link please

shysal Wed 13-Jan-16 11:50:02

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSEiPtM0VY

I hate it! I used to enjoy his Radio 1 programme, but where is the humour in this ad? confused

Ana Wed 13-Jan-16 11:58:47

It's not a new ad though - it's been going since last September.

Ana Wed 13-Jan-16 11:59:40

Agree that it's awful though, just loutish.

ginny Wed 13-Jan-16 12:09:49

Agree, can't see any humour in that. Not a fan of his anyway.

Alima Wed 13-Jan-16 12:11:57

I think it depicts him very well. He is a moron. Will he ever grow up? Eternal youff seems the thing for him. You may have guessed I cannot bear the bloke!

AlieOxon Wed 13-Jan-16 12:37:52

Yes he's a moron, awful, loutish....and kids will see this...

Charleygirl Wed 13-Jan-16 12:57:47

I know nothing about him but loutish behaviour like that is unacceptable.

Indinana Wed 13-Jan-16 13:51:35

Totally agree with everything that's been said about him. He is an utter moron. He really should be over that childish stage of trying to shock. In fact he should have left that stage behind about 30 years ago, idiot.

AlieOxon Wed 13-Jan-16 17:15:25

Do you like this being shown to your grandchildren?

They learn a lot of things from the TV these days

NanaandGrampy Wed 13-Jan-16 17:20:46

First time I've seen it and it makes me want to slap him smile .

Its not big and it's not clever.

But it reminiscent of some of the characters in movies who act like this - is this what we're teaching our young men?

AlieOxon Wed 13-Jan-16 18:07:09

I think so.

Elrel Wed 13-Jan-16 18:19:10

Unpleasant and stupid.

Margsus Wed 13-Jan-16 19:04:05

Deeply unpleasant

AlieOxon Wed 13-Jan-16 20:09:39

Advertisers put out adverts because they influence people.

Eloethan Thu 14-Jan-16 00:12:04

I'm not keen on Chris Moyles anyway - he's so full of himself. The ad isn't at all funny.

janeainsworth Thu 14-Jan-16 01:14:43

What did it say? All I'm getting is 'this video is not available' hmm

Elrel Fri 15-Jan-16 01:54:58

Basically he walked down a street aggressively shoving people out of his way, as Eloethan says, not at all funny.

FarNorth Fri 15-Jan-16 02:35:30

Then bashed his way right through a brick wall and fell over.
Maybe that's meant to be the funny bit, falling on his face after acting like a rough, tough guy??
It's still a rubbish advert.

Anya Fri 15-Jan-16 07:19:52

Path-et-ic

Imperfect27 Fri 15-Jan-16 08:25:24

It is a poor advert and I would worry about younger people watching it.

On a similar, but related note, I really enjoyed Elle Goulding's rendition of 'How long Will I love You?' - a beautiful song and she has a fantastic voice - but when I saw the crass video that accompanies it on YouTube I was completely put off.

Again - loutish behaviour that is somehow meant to be 'funny' and completely out of keeping with the sentiments of the song.

It is beyond me why anyone can think this sort of behaviour is remotely amusing. It is not a case of us being 'older' in our viws - there is a lack of decency / morality at the heart.

gillybob Fri 15-Jan-16 08:35:04

I agree with what others have said. What is it with some radio DJ's these days? Who does this man think he is? Young people may see this kind of behavior as hysterically funny when actually it just sums up his loutish personality. Yes AlieOxon that is the worrying part isn't it? The people who will be influenced.

M0nica Fri 15-Jan-16 10:49:13

I saw the advert last night and I was appalled. Someone should report it to the advertising standards authority, or rather as many people as possible should report it. Why don't we?

Chris Moyles is barely a name to me, I do not know what he does for his celebrity. How can we expect people to behave in a civilised and non-bullying way if loutish behaviour like this is considered a good way to advertise a man and whatever he does.

I didn't notice what he was advertising.

M0nica Fri 15-Jan-16 10:59:45

I have just put in a complaint. Here is the link:
www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain/Online-Form/Step1.aspx