Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to think condoms should not be invisible?

(19 Posts)
JessM Fri 25-Mar-16 07:17:47

Pity he's not invisible Whitewave
That would have saved me willow500 from one of the most embarrassing events of my life (I've recounted it once on GN and that was enough" and also the time I lent my car to a son, then a while later had a mobile car cleaning man round...

Willow500 Fri 25-Mar-16 05:28:29

Am reminded of the naivety of youth back in the early 70's when my husband ordered a gross of condoms - he thought it was a dozen - never did get through them all grin. If they're invisible how do you find them after the event shock !!

whitewave Thu 24-Mar-16 22:35:04

Anyone seen the Steve Bell image if DC? grin

1974cookie Thu 24-Mar-16 22:30:35

If they are invisible, how do you know that they are actually in the little packs at all ?

Gracesgran Thu 24-Mar-16 17:51:21

It could be the latest case of miss-selling. But could you bring the invisible to court or would you have to prove they are not - and how would that be done? Methinks a can of worms (no I am not insulting men generally smile ) has been opened?

LullyDully Thu 24-Mar-16 16:51:00

Not my problem.

annifrance Thu 24-Mar-16 11:12:13

surely the problem with condoms is not the visibility but the tactile quality? glad I'm past all that. Thank you menopause.

Alea Thu 24-Mar-16 09:34:32

Like others I can't see what you are getting at blush

Maybe they could combine their advertising with
"Should have gone to Specsavers"?

JessM Thu 24-Mar-16 09:18:59

"I'm wearing one, honestly darling!"
"But I can't see it!"
"It's an invisible condom. Don't you trust me...?"

hmm

ninathenana Thu 24-Mar-16 00:56:07

When I read the title I thought you were going to protest at them being on display in shops grin

I suppose, it's meant to make the couple forget it's there and that they are 'performing' as nature intended wink although after the fact of application I'm not sure that theory works grin

Jalima Wed 23-Mar-16 23:42:49

I can't see the point either. After all when - oh, never mind!

JessM Wed 23-Mar-16 22:02:51

grin suppose you keep mistaking those multi-coloured dishwasher tablets and washing machine detergent globules for sweeties do you?

Synonymous Wed 23-Mar-16 19:15:11

Elegran two minds with but a single thought! grin

grandmac I was caught like that in the chemist's but I actually asked what they were! blush They all laughed like drains and then I began to wonder if I had been insulted! hmm

grandmac Wed 23-Mar-16 19:05:21

Just before Christmas I was wandering round the supermarket and saw a large basket full of colourful packages. Thinking it could be some little things for the grandchildren I started sifting through them. But I couldn't work out what the packages contained. Until suddenly I saw the word 'Durex' and realised. Quick look round to see if I'd been spotted by any neighbours, followed by a nifty trot down the aisle. blush Don't know if these were the invisible sort but the packaging was rather attractive!

Only discomforted because all my neighbours know I am widowed!!

Elegran Wed 23-Mar-16 18:33:05

It is so that the emperor can keep them hidden in the pocket of his new clothes.

Synonymous Wed 23-Mar-16 17:52:19

Jess grin

Sounds like a gimmick to me! confused

Ana Wed 23-Mar-16 17:20:50

Grumppa, quite! grin

grumppa Wed 23-Mar-16 17:19:29

Can't see the point.

JessM Wed 23-Mar-16 17:11:15

Standing in Boots, waiting to pay, I notice one of those stands promoting a new product. Invisible condoms. As the queue moved slowly forward I mused dear sisters. How do you put it on if it's invisible? How do you tell you've actually put it on? And does it confer invisibility on that which it encloses? And if they prove successful, what other products might become invisible?