Gransnet forums

AIBU

Rotating clean house linen

(82 Posts)
grandMattie Fri 22-Apr-16 10:20:53

I have 7 pairs of sheets - hate duvets and eight pairs of bath sheets! I'm a bedding junkie... when we moved I had no fewer than 28 bath sheets... confused

ninathenana Fri 22-Apr-16 10:19:00

How many sets of bed linen do you all have ?
Yes, I several towels and tea towels but only three sheets and two duvet covers for each bed.
Feel bad now.

Charleygirl Fri 22-Apr-16 10:15:02

I do not rotate bedding- I just pick out what I fancy. I think I have 4 duvet covers and many bottom sheets but I do appear to fancy two covers over the other two. With towels it is what is handiest and I have been known to take towels off the line and reuse again that day.

grandMattie Fri 22-Apr-16 10:14:20

All my sheets are plain white! grin

Neversaydie Fri 22-Apr-16 10:10:42

And I like a change of pattern

Indinana Fri 22-Apr-16 10:09:17

But if you didn't rotate, then you would only ever use the set of bedding that's on the top. The rest would then become surplus to requirements grin

grandMattie Fri 22-Apr-16 09:56:06

As I was putting the clean linen away this morning, it struck me that I am following my mother's system (and, presumably, my grandmother''s, ad infinitum) of putting the most recent clean bedding at the bottom of the pile, and taking the top one off or vice versa.
I have never understood this - surely if you do that, all your 'stuff' (bedding, table cloths, tea towels, etc.) wears out at the same rate and at the same time. The replacement of the whole lot would then be prohibitive Is it a sort of puritanical thing of keeping your favourite for 'best' or what?