Gransnet forums

AIBU

To object to the mural

(110 Posts)
Galen Tue 26-Jul-16 14:23:40

That my new next door neighbors have painted on their end gable wall. All the other bungalows in the road are painted a crême colour and we are were a neat and tidy road

annsixty Fri 29-Jul-16 16:11:02

You will either have to appeal to their better nature!! Or learn to love it.

Luckygirl Fri 29-Jul-16 18:11:54

Could you get some local teenagers to pop round while they are out and "tag" it?

Elegran Fri 29-Jul-16 18:47:09

Or somehow get a Pokemon to appear there, so that hundreds of youngsters converge on them?

Stansgran Fri 29-Jul-16 19:05:35

Do some guerrilla gardening and plant ivy along the base. Lob moss at it so it will spread and blend in.

Elrel Sun 31-Jul-16 01:22:09

Don't people paint milk on stone walls to encourage moulds to grow to make them look aged? Maybe that would work on the muriel (as Hilda Ogden would have said).
I usually like street art, there were some great ones by a local artist on houses in Bangor NW in the 1970s, I wonder whether they are still in place.

Galen Sun 31-Jul-16 13:21:42

For those of you who commented that the garden looked tidy:-
This is the front of the bungalow.

obieone Sun 31-Jul-16 13:50:18

Anyone think Galen and her neighbour are the next gransnet article to appear in the Daily Mail!?

durhamjen Sun 31-Jul-16 14:23:47

www.fixmystreet.com for your photos.
You can do it anonymously, and the one with the rubbish the council could do something about.
You put your complaint on the site, and get others to do likewise. Then see what happens.
You could say the front garden was fly-tipping.

Galen Sun 31-Jul-16 14:49:49

It's been like it since they moved in. Nobody else leaves their rubbish outside and the building work has been going on since February
Builders lorries and vans have been blocking our road and access to our own drives.
They have two cars of their own as well.