Gransnet forums

AIBU

It's driving me mad but .....

(77 Posts)
Granarchist Sat 20-Aug-16 15:18:46

My OH falls asleep the minute he sits down in the evening after we have eaten. Then he snores. We are both still working and he does work hard but why on earth does he not go to bed? I try to encourage him just to go up but he won't. Indeed I often go up alone and leave him snoring on the sofa. If I want to watch something on TV it is very distracting and often he insists we watch something else and yes ..... falls straight asleep in front of it. Actually the worse thing is that I like to share what we watch, laugh at the same things and discuss the programme etc. It's rather lonely. He is just the same at weekends. And when we have friends round or go out to supper it is becoming a local joke about him falling asleep at the table. He won't see a doctor and says I am fussing.

Granarchist Sat 27-Aug-16 17:43:46

To be fair he is still working and drives about 45,000 miles a year in his job - he is 67 - so I think he is just knackered. If this is so then why not GO TO BED? But he won't. then if I go up to bed and leave him to it, he complains of a stiff neck in the morning as he has fallen asleep in the chair with his head on his chest - looks awful! He also sets his alarm for 5.45am but wont get up for at least another hour - says he likes a lie in, but I would rather have another hour's sleep - esp as I often wake in the night and cannot get back to sleep for hours. Something tells me I am fighting a losing battle.