Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to think I might actually be able to complain to Tesco's about their Abingdon customer service ?

(33 Posts)
AlieOxon Tue 27-Sep-16 17:17:11

On the phone. that is. I am sure i left socks which I had exchanged (customer service fine on this) on the counter. I tried to ring them up when I got home and ended up being told, no socks...

....but this was after about 5 mins on the phone being told how to get other services, got through to someone who then had to walk to customer services, where I was left not knowing what was happening for another 5 mins, thought I had been cut off, then hearing scuffling, finally someone answered again....
Not efficient or polite.
I still think I forgot to pick them up!

Do Tesco do complaints????
I certainly couldn't find them online!

rosesarered Wed 28-Sep-16 18:12:08

They may well do that Monica but you would think a note left on the item ( customer left this at tills) would be a good idea.I have left both cheap and quite pricey buys unpacked at the till, and they have never ever been handed in according to the shop.
Not keen on Notcutts at all, know what you mean.

M0nica Wed 28-Sep-16 22:39:23

I am not defending them. I think most of the staff on information desks are disinterested and unmotivated and they are just not inclined to think that any spare goods found lying around might have been left behind by mistake. If everything left on the counter had to be written in a book or logged into a computer, staff could just check. I have been in stores where if I think I have left anything behind they immediately refer to a lost/left behind record book and can give me a definitive answer.

rosesarered Wed 28-Sep-16 23:42:07

Yes, most stores and shops do keep any left by mistake goods, at least for a while.
Remember the lost luggage counters in rail stations, I remember once going there as I had left a blue umbrella on the train, and the attendant brought about ten for me to choose from.

Spangles1963 Thu 29-Sep-16 02:11:38

A couple of years ago,I went into my local Tesco Extra branch. As I walked past the customer service counter,I heard the member of staff say to the customer standing there 'The customer service desk is out of order'. With that she placed an 'out of order' sign on the counter. confused

rosesarered Thu 29-Sep-16 09:18:49

?

AlieOxon Thu 29-Sep-16 13:26:07

Sounds more like the staff member was out of order..

Leticia Sun 06-Nov-16 23:26:07

I find that if I go on Twitter to complain about something it always gets a response.