Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be irritated.

(83 Posts)
felice Tue 25-Oct-16 15:18:14

This is a small thing but really irritates me.
Contestants who applaud themselves during quiz shows. Why, I was visiting a friend yesterday and she was watching Pointless, and even the losing pair were applauding themselves, when they lost!!!!!!
I know it's not important but I find myself shouting at the TV more and more these days and this is one of the irritants.
Oh and the gushing guy on Flog it, you would think the seller had won the lottery sometimes.
I think I might be in a bit of a mood todayhmm

Im68Now Tue 15-Nov-16 08:18:01

I thought the name of the thread was To be irritated, well a lot of you have certainly been irritated.

We've just spent a lot with Amazon, presents for the DGC (5,3) and Amazon well Christmas wrap them and put a Christmas card in and they will be here today. Money well spent.

I like the idea about spending money on wine, but I already do that. wink

DaphneBroon Tue 15-Nov-16 08:38:16

Well with all that TV you've got to watch to justify your monthly expenditure I don't suppose you've got time to wrap the presents or write the card yourself.

Im68Now Tue 15-Nov-16 08:45:37

You should take advantage of the service with all the time you spend on Gransnet. smile

DaphneBroon Tue 15-Nov-16 09:11:36

I love the ritual of wrapping the presents - clearing the dining table, a glass of something nice, something good on the radio, paper, ribbons, tags, all the paraphernalia for gift wrapping and the pleasure of a pile of wrapped presents afterwards.
Writing Christmas cards gives the opportunity to write a few words to friends or family I may not see and to think of them.

No, given that I don't spend much time on GN really, the time I spend on those I love is priceless.
Amazon is great, I admit, but I am not yet ready to hand Christmas over to them!!

Nelliemoser Tue 15-Nov-16 15:53:12

I quite like Paul Martin, Not like that appalling Tim Wonnacott who was full of too many "look at me" sly smiles at the camera and his awful ?wig/?hair. That was so clearly dyed it made him look a complete anachronism.

Guess who's a GrumpyGranny today! wink

Elrel Wed 16-Nov-16 02:46:31

Paul Martin is sweeeet!

Lincsblue Thu 17-Nov-16 13:49:04

I agree with the self-clapping and also the ever increasing delay in announcing 'the winner'. Just get on with it!