Gransnet forums

AIBU

Guests for 4 days

(104 Posts)
thatbags Mon 24-Apr-17 20:08:43

If you think it would be too much for your husband and so don't relish the visit for your own sake either, just tell them the plain truth. You can be ever so apologetic but really emphasise the magnitude of the problem for you.

Could they stay with any of your nearby family?

Glenfinnan Mon 24-Apr-17 20:05:51

You could be right Anya but it's not easy to deal with the fall out and I'm then walking on eggshells in case there is an atmosphere. Plus his distress/moods before they arrive.

Anya Mon 24-Apr-17 19:45:28

Is putting them off is what you want, yourself, and not just to stop your husband getting 'worked up' ?

Glenfinnan Mon 24-Apr-17 19:08:10

Just need a little bit of advice. My husband (73) does not keep good health. We have quite a bit of family near by and it's always lovely to see them, and many pop in for lunch etc. However he does tire easily and in the past couple of years gets very worked up if people want to stay for 2-3 days. My brother and his wife and their teenage boy want to come for a week, they live away. I feel I must put them off but know they will say they will be no bother and look after themselves but it's just them being here for a period of time that's the problem. How do I explain this without causing a drama or family conflict.