Gransnet forums

AIBU

Rehousing issue for Grenfell Towers survivors

(597 Posts)
Christinefrance Wed 05-Jul-17 13:00:13

I don't understand why many of the families are refusing the temporary housing they are being offered. One family was on TV saying how unhappy they were in their hotel but had turned down the offer of a flat. Of course they are still shocked and coming to terms with things but I would have thought it would be easier to move on in a place of your own rather than a hotel.

durhamjen Sun 01-Oct-17 09:51:03

I've only checked back to page 15 and there is not one vox political link on it.
You are showing yourself up again, Annie.
Lots of links to 24housing.
I assume you will allow that they know what they are talking about.
By the way, I gave a link to that interview you were talking about. I don't expect you to acknowledge that, though.

Anniebach Sun 01-Oct-17 10:04:52

I don't read your links Jen, you have dismissed what residents in the flats said because it does not fit your benefit dependant immigrants in danger of ethnic cleansing pushed into unfit accommodation claims.

durhamjen Sun 01-Oct-17 10:07:07

No I bloody well haven't, Annie. You are being stupid again.
Just go back to ignoring me, please.

How can you complain about my links and then say you never read them?
Showing yourself up again!!!

Anniebach Sun 01-Oct-17 10:16:54

You have Jen, your posts are there proving you have

durhamjen Sun 01-Oct-17 10:33:37

Show me which ones, Annie, because I can't find any where I have dismissed what the residents have said, just as I can't find any vox political links on here.
I have put links on to what the residents have said.

You are making things up again to suit your political agenda.

Anniebach Sun 01-Oct-17 10:50:12

Oh dear, using the old - attack is the best form of attack jen, carry on, as long as you can keep a disagreement going you are happy.

Have you never brought ethnic cleansing into this? Never brought colour of skin into this?

durhamjen Sun 01-Oct-17 11:01:00

Completely different, Annie.
I never dismissed what the residents said in that; I supported them, wanting an ethnically diverse panel. That's not ethnic cleansing. What planet are you on?

You are keeping the disagreement going, and making yourself look foolish.

I challenge you to find one post of mine that dismisses what the residents say.

Anniebach Sun 01-Oct-17 11:07:28

I will not feed your need, lots of interesting threads to read , you carry on , am sure you will find other posts to twist

trisher Sun 01-Oct-17 11:11:29

Anniebach I have checked through most of these posts and there is no evidence of
* benefit dependant immigrants in danger of ethnic cleansing pushed into unfit accommodation claims.* by anyone at all. Baggs did refer to there perhaps being a class basis for appointing people to the inquiry problem, but nothing else.
This idea that there is some sort of conspiracy to identify the residents of Grenfell as immigrants, asylum seekers and benefit seekers is purely a product of your imagination. It does of course also fit very well in with all the dismissive posts you have made denigrating both the Grenfell residents and their opinions. It's psychological projection.

whitewave Sun 01-Oct-17 11:12:58

Oh annie you can't accuse people of something that is clearly untrue. That isn't fair argument, nor does it reflect very well on yourself.

durhamjen Mon 02-Oct-17 13:19:49

justice4grenfell.org/press-release/100-days-since-the-grenfell-tower-disaster/

durhamjen Sat 14-Oct-17 22:15:50

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/11/grenfell-fire-only-10-households-affected-have-permanent-homes

Anniebach Sat 14-Oct-17 22:21:23

I was rather irritated by a woman who said she had turned down a flat because it only had two bedrooms and her grandson lived with her, she also said the toilet wasn't suitable for an elderly woman or a twelve year old boy. Left me wondering what sort of toilet was in the flat.

durhamjen Sat 14-Oct-17 22:31:35

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/13/funerals-grenfell-dead-recovery-scrutiny-committee-survivors

durhamjen Tue 07-Nov-17 19:51:09

www.24housing.co.uk/news/damning-report-condemns-grenfell-council-for-failing-its-community/

durhamjen Sat 11-Nov-17 16:22:23

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/11/wandsworth-anger-fire-sprinklers-bill-grenfell-tower

Well done, another Tory council. No thought for their tenants.

durhamjen Mon 13-Nov-17 22:06:23

I find this rather hard to believe.
Kensington and Fulham Conservatives are asking residents to say whether they think Grenfell is still important

paddyann Mon 13-Nov-17 22:12:08

can someone tell me WHY the tories were voted in ? Please. They are the most incompetent government in decades ,they are uncaring to the point where its almost criminal ...it is in some eyes.Maybe they could find space in Buck house or Kensington Palace for some of these poor folk who have suffered so much and are being ignored AGAIN .Or ask the councillors who think Grenfell is no longer relevant to vacate THEIR homes over christmas .I am ashamed to be linked to a country that thinks this treatment of people is acceptable

durhamjen Wed 17-Jan-18 19:26:17

www.24housing.co.uk/news/grenfell-housing-boss-quits/

Good.

durhamjen Wed 17-Jan-18 19:32:41

www.24housing.co.uk/news/half-of-londons-new-homes-dont-get-built/

The council should take over the land that has been banked and build houses on it for Grenfell residents.

Oliver Letwin has been put in charge of a committee to look into landbanking, despite having been paid money by a building company that landbanks.
More sleaze.

durhamjen Sat 20-Jan-18 21:45:38

politicalscrapbook.net/2018/01/landlord-forcing-tenants-to-pay-for-removal-of-flammable-cladding-is-a-super-rich-tory-donor/