Gransnet forums

AIBU

3rd anniversary of Adopters postbox letter looming

(30 Posts)
Ashmore32 Mon 07-Aug-17 10:55:11

AIBU to feel cheated and hurt by Adopters letters? Her letters are happy in such a gloating way. She slips in information about her parents and uses granny and grandad phrases like she knows it hurts both me and my son who hates her. Mainly for broken promises made.
We are supposed to write cheery letters back not giving any hint of the wreckage she is part of. Our life is a mess since this event, mainly due to the cost incurred to us.
I am going to ask that she doest mention her parents again this time unless she calls them her parents.
We are expected to write letters on the memory of 3 years old photos as she refuses to part with even a picture of our GD up against a blank wall. I cannot believe she will keep her side of the bargain of sharing what we send as she grows up- simply preferring to recite the SS lies that will keep her hopes of our GD not wanting to find her dad when she grows up. We will no doubt be long gone by then.
Another grandchild is looming and decisions not to be called Granny Nana or such have been made. We cannot get excited about anything anymore

Smileless2012 Tue 08-Aug-17 23:31:18

In the absence of knowing what to say in response to your last post Ashmore I'm sending you someflowers. I realise how inadequate that is but didn't know hiw else to respond.

My cousins D who I referred too in an earlier post has severe physical and mental problems due to her mishandled birth. We have lost our youngest son and only GC due to estrangement so although I don't know what it's like to lose a child in the way that you have, I do know what it's like to lose a child and the never ending pain that loss brings.

Eglantine19 Tue 08-Aug-17 23:43:26

What a kind person you are Smileless. I will take lessons from you. I don't know what to say either Ashmore except I am sorry for your pain.

GrandmaMoira Wed 09-Aug-17 13:22:29

Ashmore - this all sounds terrible. There are post adoption services for birth families and maybe counselling would help you and your son. In London the Post Adoption Centre offers counselling to birth families and there are other services around the country. Talking things through with people who know about adoption can be helpful.

Ashmore32 Wed 09-Aug-17 16:07:50

Thank you for the positives. Those who assumed this was a clear case of abuse- beware. I never thought this would happen to me or my family either. I've had over 2 years of counselling for me and I am no where closer. My son thinks its a waste of time- especially if anything to do with SS or Adoption agencies. We are waiting on a report relating to appeal and see what that brings. I know what I saw, I know what the Midwives nurses and doctors did and as long as I breathe I will be angry about it. Anyway now that letter will drop through my door. It will sit for days while I try and get the wherewithal to open it. My husband has no interest.My son gets angry at the tone and content. I am happy she is being looked after. I am just so bitterly disappointed she could not see past the SS narrative to bring herself to meet with us as she promised she would in the beginning. Until this happened I thought we would never suffer at the hands of an organisation in my professional life I despised since almost the beginning of my 38 year career in their inability to empathise or see ways round problems to make the lives of their 'clients' better. There but for the grace of my mum would say. From the beginning we were open and honest. so sad that we were also stabbed in the back by colleagues whose documentation is clearly a fabrication to save their own skins. SS and Police protecting them. In my career I have looked after multiple murderers, rapists and paedophiles with more compassion than they ever showed us. I have a code of conduct and I do not stray from mine.