Gransnet forums

AIBU

Poor packaging

(28 Posts)
Auntieflo Tue 29-Aug-17 08:54:26

AIBU to expect an order to be received in secure packaging? Just about 10 minutes ago, I took delivery of some foam for new sofa cushions. The box was all battered and the tape securing it was all torn away from the cardboard box. According to the receipt, an amount of £9.99 was added for shipping. Presumably this includes the packing? I have sent photos to the company concerned, and as yet have not fully opened the box to check it's contents, but am just about to do so. Wish me luck.

Anya Sat 02-Sep-17 08:04:35

Tegan I ordered a lovely Fisherman's Chest from Wayfait. It too was coming from Germany, via Denmark. The first arrived all chipped around the edges, due to poor packaging. Wayfair happily sent a replacement. The second was missing two drawers (this wasn't flat pack!!) the third was fine.

They didn't want the first two back so DH now has two very pretty Fisherman's Chests in his shed for storing his junk.

Tegan2 Sat 02-Sep-17 18:04:47

Yes; I realised I actually needed three cd cupboards so it worked out quite well as the damaged one is wedged in a corner where the damage won't be a problem. The thing about Wayfair is the stuff is quite cheap but they seem to have anything and everything you could possible need [whereas Pine Solutions is quite expensive]. I've now realised how important it is to check the packaging when something is delivered and photograph it if necessary.