Gransnet forums

AIBU

Is anyone else doing a pre-Christmas diet?

(33 Posts)
minimo Fri 24-Nov-17 16:57:13

My trousers are already snug blush. Anyone want to join me on a pre-Christmas detox type thing so that we can splurge without guilt come the real festivities? Any tips on how I can make this as painless as possible?

Anniebach Sat 25-Nov-17 18:48:11

Yes I am, trying to put on a stone, proving difficult

mcem Sat 25-Nov-17 18:57:31

16:8 and low-carb for me too. So easy and so effective. No idea about weight but inches are dropping off!

Diddy1 Sat 25-Nov-17 22:16:01

My Husband has started on the 16:8 diet, after I had read about it on GN, and he is really losing weight for the first time in months, having tried everything else, thanks GN

Lilyflower Sat 25-Nov-17 22:33:49

I am not huge so losing even a little is agony. It has taken me a fortnight to lose a pound put on during a really not too indulgent weekend. I am definitely going for pre Christmas restraint.

Saggi Sun 26-Nov-17 10:04:39

Hi Minimo, don't know if this works for you or is applicable!? I got to 10st 9lbs about 4 months ago and it's the heaviest I've been post childbirth 36 years ago ... so decided not to diet ( never have as its pointless) but I gave up my nightly tipple ( brandy and coke) ... glass or two of wine if my friend popped in . Just gave it all up... I don't miss it at all (habit???), and I've lost 11 lbs. oh and got to say I'm walking three miles a day as feel so much better without the booze. Not preaching to anyone here ( atheist), but saying it's worked for me! I think a lot of us do just booze routinely without noticing the amount. It's a thought.cafe

123kitty Sun 26-Nov-17 16:04:20

Just started 16:8, feels easy so far as I've never enjoyed breakfast- at last a diet made for me!

Elrel Mon 27-Nov-17 10:45:52

Anniebach - I hope you are having a good day and that your weight is gradually increasing. Thinking of you xx