Gransnet forums

AIBU

Is this the beginning ?

(71 Posts)
Angela1961 Tue 16-Jan-18 10:47:48

Well there I was happily in the bathroom this morning brushing my teeth ( as per usual ) when glancing in the mirror decided to give them a real good cleaning. Looked up at mirror again to realise I'm using my husband's toothbrush !!!!! Yuk,and double yuk ! Never done that before. Hoping it's not the beginning of the memory / senses going. Anyone else done this ?

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 17-Jan-18 23:53:02

It's a blue car that went off the road and is covered in snow.

OR it's a white horse with blue lips because it's cold. grin

MissAdventure Wed 17-Jan-18 23:54:42

Well, its a strange sort of picture. Like one of those inkblot tests. grin

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 18-Jan-18 00:22:11

Exactly. wink But I still felt daft and gave myself a laugh! grin

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 18-Jan-18 00:25:01

I'm still grinning at the posts from NannyTee and MissA - and poor Peardrop's DH! grin

Grandma2213 Thu 18-Jan-18 03:19:51

I am crying with laughter at this post! Pretty much the same as my DGS last week when I put drinking chocolate powder in the washing machine and washing powder in my cup. I guess my multi-tasking days are over!!

Grandma2213 Thu 18-Jan-18 03:20:36

I am crying with laughter at this post! Pretty much the same as my DGS last week when I put drinking chocolate powder in the washing machine and washing powder in my cup. I guess my multi-tasking days are over!!

Grandma2213 Thu 18-Jan-18 03:21:02

See what I mean?!

Toots Thu 18-Jan-18 08:19:53

I once mislaid the garage keys twice in the space of about ten minutes...rushing around looking for them I commented to my eldest son that I couldn't understand why I was getting so forgetful, after all I was even taking fish oil tablets to improve my memory... he replied "Well that's it then Mum... didn't you know, fish have only got a 3 second memory!!".. grin

(I actually don't believe this well known myth, but it did make me chuckle!)

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 18-Jan-18 08:40:28

gq I've just reread your post! shock grin Did your BiL or SiL say anything to you? grin

NannyTee Thu 18-Jan-18 09:09:39

I give up I really do. I've just glued my jumper on. Using my Christmas smellies and I've moisturised my arms with the bath milk. ?

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 18-Jan-18 09:24:17

Bet you struggled to get your bra on too! grin

NannyTee Thu 18-Jan-18 09:55:16

grin

Esspee Thu 18-Jan-18 09:58:06

At the petrol station I was trying to fill my OH's fuel tank but couldn't get the nozzle to go in. Had to ask a gentleman filling his tank for help. Seems these days you can't fill a petrol tank with diesel.
I have never had a diesel car. My darling OH nearly didn't have a functioning car at all as had I succeeded in filling it the engine would have been ruined.
Still haven't told him.blush

Lisalou Sun 21-Jan-18 16:46:25

I think my mother's slip was the best. After her shower, she put deodorant on her hair (instead of hairspray) and guess where the hairspray went - and then, of course, straight back in the shower. Stiff underarms will eternally be a family joke!!!

WilmaKnickersfit Sun 21-Jan-18 17:39:48

My Mum has done some right crackers and the one we were in hysterics over at Christmas was the memory of her driving her DH's new car in a small town and they were having 'words'. She drove into the little supermarket car park using the dropped kerb for wheelchair users! grin

grannyqueenie Sun 21-Jan-18 21:13:18

wilma not a word...if he’d still been married to his 1st wife we would all have laughed till we cried but Mrs no 2 is cut from different cloth!

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 22-Jan-18 00:34:19

My Step-Dad is lovely and adores my Mum, but my Mum and I have joked that she must have been on her best behaviour for quite a while after they started seeing each other! grin. He's well aware of what she's like now though as I think they've been a couple for over 20 years now (married 12 years). We have such a laugh about things she does and has done. I'm cut from the same cloth, so when I've got one to tell her about, I start the conversation with "I am my Mother's daughter..."! grin

grannyqueenie Mon 22-Jan-18 12:06:50

wilma grin

cornergran Mon 22-Jan-18 13:06:38

Discovered this morning that conditioner isn’t so good when used instead of shower gel. Jolly slippery too ?

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 23-Jan-18 01:54:49

cornergran conditioner is not as good as shampoo either! grin