Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to chuck these tins of horrible food?

(53 Posts)
Bignose Tue 30-Jan-18 19:32:34

I found some tins of stuffed aubergine very cheaply in a supermarket. I normally love stuffed aubergine, so I bought three to take on a camping trip. Once camping I opened the first. It looked revolting (brown and slimy) but smelled OK and the tin was well in date, so I heated up the contents and served it up with rice. It tasted revolting! We put the rest of the tins aside, and I recently found them in the back of the car boot. Should I donate them to a food bank, knowing the contents are revolting? Some friends say yes, others say I should not inflict them on people who are already suffering. WWYD? Do food banks give recipients a choice of what they take? I'd hate someone to have one of these tins forced upon them.

Jalima1108 Wed 31-Jan-18 23:34:06

I did wonder if someone else might like them though .... after all, not everyone likes to eat the same things. Look at the comments on here about bread and butter pudding!

If there was something wrong with them they should have been taken back to the shop. They shouldn't be slimy.

jocork Thu 01-Feb-18 05:42:37

You could offer them on freegle saying you didn't like the taste. That way someone can give them a try if they want to. They may be enjoyed by someone else.