Gransnet forums

AIBU

Are beige trousers that bad?

(165 Posts)
annep Fri 22-Jun-18 17:38:23

I'm 67. I met my 57 year old sister yesterday. I was wearing Robell tight stretchy beige/cream coloured trousers which I love. Got a spot on them, was moaning I'd only put them on. Sister said you shouldn't wear beige trousers anyway. only old ladies wear beige trousers! I thought it was a strange thing to say. Would appreciate views. truth please.

SparklyGrandma Fri 29-Jun-18 18:04:11

Alexa it’s called chicken legs in some places.

If you are apple shaped like me with slim still well shaped legs, a dress is a good idea, shift shape not tight hides a multitude and doesn’t show the chicken legs effect...

travelsafar Fri 29-Jun-18 18:23:37

I wore my flowered wide leg trousers today with a white t shirt and open toed sandals.I felt summery, cool and hopefully looked ok. I can't wear leggings, i wear joggers indoors, and bootcut jeans or tousers when going out. I also own navy linen trousers which i love, i wear them with bright tops and white sandals and i feel fresh and smart at the same time.

FlexibleFriend Fri 29-Jun-18 19:01:10

I think it depends on many things , your shape, the style of the trousers and the shade of beige. Lots of old people wear beige so I see where she's coming from but if they fit well and look good wear them. I please myself where my clothes are concerned, basically if I like it others opinions don't count.

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 20:27:24

Nude (big) knickers (TMI) are essential and I love them.
and a 'nude' bra - doesn't show through, unlike white!!

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 20:30:30

Just wear them!! (white trousers, white shoes, white tops, white anything).

But don't drink red wine grin

I may wear some loose baggy trousers tomorrow with a white top (White Stuff trousers, sale, and a top bought on holiday) but I don't really care as long as it feels cool.

MawBroon Fri 29-Jun-18 20:43:31

Bras are nude anyway, Jalima (better than dingy white!)

MawBroon Fri 29-Jun-18 20:44:14

Although with white linen tops I also wear a white cami.

Cherrytree59 Fri 29-Jun-18 20:47:20

I have 3 different style of white trousers and jeans all unworn and one pair of off white.

I'm too frightened to wear them.
I know the will be target for food and drink spillage (not necessarily mine)
Grass stains, insect marks, rain splashes, sun lotion, mud.
Marks off chairs or cars........

I know I am being quite reasonable as I have already said 'upthread' that I sometimes wear Beige/stone cargo trousers.

Should join white trousers anonymous

mostlyharmless Fri 29-Jun-18 21:14:11

Perhaps let’s make tomorrow a white trousers day? Let’s be brave, find some suitable underwear, and risk the grass stains, red wine spills, ice cream drips, children’s grubby fingerprints, etc. I’ve got to christen these white trousers sometime. A school fete tomorrow with four grandchildren will be the perfect opportunity(!).
Mind you, I’ll be wearing a tunic length top which covers a lot of sins!

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 21:15:00

yes, we have a fete tomorrow
but I don't have any white trousers

Cherrytree59 Fri 29-Jun-18 21:39:12

I have just made a pact with my cousin that if tbe sun is shining on Saturday 7th of July we will both wear our white jeans/trousers to my sisters garden party.

Different tops of course otherwise tweedle dee and tweedle dumgrin

FlexibleFriend Fri 29-Jun-18 21:47:54

I bought a pair of white jeans but they always looked grubby so I dyed them bright Caribbean blue and I love them and I'm forever being asked where I bought them. Bought another pair just to dye Bright Orange they go brilliantly with darker tops.

lemongrove Fri 29-Jun-18 21:55:12

Garden party/ white trousers cherry ? ?
You may want to rethink that.grin

annodomini Fri 29-Jun-18 22:46:49

I'm wearing a white linen shirt today over an orange and white striped vest - looks much better than it sounds. Linen crops - cream.