Gransnet forums

AIBU

The world and it's mobile phone!

(27 Posts)
Deni1963 Sat 23-Jun-18 09:36:47

Feeling really irritated with my DD. She's 27, been living with me for 2 years since the birth of my DGD, and her partner also.
DGD is now over 2, a bright, intelligent, imagination sweetheart. When I look after her not a tantrum or tear as I spend time playing with her and reading etc.
But my daughter literally sits in the sofa on her mobile for hours, completely ignoring her, and then only seems to talk to her to tell her NO. I've tried talking to her about it, but that's not worked, she takes offence I'm telling her she is a bad mum, which she isn't. When she finally puts her phone down she is great. But it seems to be more phone than not.
Now I say nothing because it causes friction. I had hoped by my example seeing how less frustrated my DGD is, she would see its a matter of some quality time..... but no.

We are in the era of mobiles.... am I being unreasonable?

Sassieannie Wed 27-Jun-18 17:43:21

Gosh, are you me? I think input by Grandparents is vital when mums are like this and can tremendously help the development of their grandchildren. Sad, but true... I'm just relieved my granddaughter has only just started using an Ipad at the age of four.