Gransnet forums

AIBU

Autumn

(83 Posts)
Bridgeit Tue 28-Aug-18 09:01:21

AIBU to be looking forward to Autumn,? Beautiful colourful leaves, wellie boots, squelchy walks,fireworks , home baking OK perhaps not that one ( never turns out the way I envisage.)
Do you have a favourite season & what is the reason ?

Cindy8 Wed 29-Aug-18 14:17:02

I absolutely love winter especially with the picture post card looks of snow on tree branches and the lake frozen over and everyone all wrapped up snuggly in the snow and fresh air. I think its because im a winter baby?

KaazaK Mon 03-Sep-18 19:02:45

April, May and June, my favourite months! September hails the downturn into dark nights and dull, miserable days for me! Not to mention seeing Christmas stuff in the shops already for goodness sake! I wish shops and the media would realise that we don't all like Christmas (I've started dreading it already!) For a lot of people its just another lonely day or they may have lost a loved one around that time. I work in the legal profession and while working in family law you could always guarantee we were rushed off our feet post Christmas with divorces and separated parents spatting over children!

pollyperkins Tue 04-Sep-18 06:27:05

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary grandad1943. We are not far behind. Enjoy your second retirement!

Tea and cake Tue 04-Sep-18 07:14:54

That first smell of spring in the air. May...best of all months. But this summer (I can't do heat) was looking forward to the cool crisp days of autumn. Winter can be cosy, now I don't have to struggle to work!

Chewbacca Tue 04-Sep-18 07:21:41

Autumn is the most beautiful season of the year imo. That distinctive musky smell, first thing in the morning; the sharp bright blue skies and the rich colours of the trees; fine rain and the smell of woodfires in the evening ... I love it! All this summer I've felt sluggish and drowsy but now that the temperature has dropped, I feel more energetic and happy to actually "get on and do things".

TwiceAsNice Tue 04-Sep-18 09:39:48

I don't like Autumn and loathe Winter. Hate it when the clocks go back and the evenings get dark early, I don't like driving in the dark at all and avoid it as much as possible. Then you have Winter which is even worse as I hate the snow and am actually afraid to drive in that. Spring is good when everything is new and bright and the relief of coming out of Winter but my very favourite season has to be Summer. I love the fact that it is warm most of the time ( hopefully) and that I can wear sandals all the time and don't have to wrap up in layers of clothes. My birthday is in July so maybe that has something to do with it as well. The one good thing about Autumn is Strictly again ( love it) and that Winter has Christmas in it ( love that even more)

SparklyGrandma Tue 04-Sep-18 17:43:56

Beautiful garden, Flossieturner

Autumn is my favourite, mellow fruitfulness, getting the jumpers out and on, cwtching inside the house in the warm, the different colour leaves, berries.
The low golden sun as she starts to leave us for winter. Warm soups and stews...

I hate winter!