Gransnet forums

AIBU

Making extra work

(304 Posts)
Hatpev Sun 03-Feb-19 12:41:09

Aibu. DH watched me strip the guest bed this week saw the linen drying and then watched me iron it and put it back on the bed ready for whoever stays next. The next night he moved into that bed because I was snoring. Agh!
I haven’t said anything because on a previous occasion I spent half day cleaning bathroom for guests coming the next day only to find him using it instead of the en-suite we usually use. This caused a huge argument. Is it me?

Urmstongran Sun 03-Feb-19 23:01:32

Ah don’t take the extra Cleaning to heart Miss A it’s a home ❤️
People are more important than things. x

harrigran Mon 04-Feb-19 09:16:57

When DH is going to clean the bathroom I always nip in and use the loo so that it stays pristine for a couple of hours after he is finished.

BlueSapphire Mon 04-Feb-19 09:18:23

It always used to annoy me when DH used the cloakroom loo just after I'd put cleaner or bleach in it...

Nonnie Mon 04-Feb-19 09:28:08

Michael Caine said the way to a happy marriage is separate bathrooms!

PECS Mon 04-Feb-19 09:36:06

Oh dear! I always feel so inadequate as a domstic goddess when I read some threads! I did notice that I needed to get the vacuum cleaner to the top of the tiles in the shower room as they were rather dusty/ web infused. That was before Christmas..maybe I will do it today!

Eloethan Mon 04-Feb-19 09:38:51

I can see it might be mildly irritating - although, like Luckylegs if a bed has only been slept in once I would probably only change the pillowcases and not the sheets.

It's not something I could envisage having a huge argument about.

Grandad1943 Mon 04-Feb-19 09:46:58

Yet another thread started to show how show stupid a husband or male partner is, began and supported by wives and female partners who are perfect in every aspect of their lives of course.

What a joke.

Grandad1943 Mon 04-Feb-19 10:03:42

Apologies should be "to show how stupid a husband or male partner is" above.

Izabella Mon 04-Feb-19 10:07:14

Hatpev - you iron sheets? shock

annep1 Mon 04-Feb-19 10:51:29

Pecs good for you. I'm far too fussy and I hate it.

FountainPen Mon 04-Feb-19 11:13:05

... for whoever stays next. That sound rather vague - not as if someone was due to arrive that day or next. It seems rather a shame that your husband is prevented from using the spare bedroom in his own home in order to get some sleep.

My advice? Don't iron sheets. A bed can be changed in five minutes including the fight with the duvet cover.

PECS - Your post reminded me of friend who told me her young son came home from school clutching a drawing he'd made of the living room in their house. His teacher had helpfully labelled everything. Sofa, chair, table, television, clock, carpet, curtains ... cobweb. smile

MissAdventure Mon 04-Feb-19 11:15:53

You're full of the joys of spring today, I see, grandad thanks

Telly Mon 04-Feb-19 11:38:40

And another thing - I have never, never ironed sheets!

annodomini Mon 04-Feb-19 11:43:29

The afternoon sun is so low at this time of year that it shows up the state of the windows and the dust on the surfaces. I shall close the blinds and have a nice nap. Surely it can't have got dusty while I've been away for four weeks?

Cherrytree59 Mon 04-Feb-19 11:49:25

Grandad please let me know when you or the office junior have cleaned your car, I'll just round drop for a spin with a few digestive biscuits...smile

TerriBull Mon 04-Feb-19 11:52:54

Miss Adventure, did you not know that Grandad is GN's very own self appointed Misandry and Equality Officer. Should there be any hint of a man being deemed less than perfect, never mind that the implication doesn't apply to men per se, Grandad will pop up to point that out to the hapless contributors. Misandry, allegedly is alive and well on GN and is of course an intolerable burden men have to put up with shock It's one of Grandad's raison d'etres to fight such a vile crime, that and working all the hours God sends to save us from food shortages as and when D day arrives. We know that because he tells us all regularly. One could of course point out that all individuals of either sex have idiosyncratic behaviour, simply part of the human condition, but I'm not sure such a nuanced concept may just float over his head. There I go again, making assumptions about a male. I'll put that right, not all men would see the OP's comments as a slight against the entire male population. There that's better. Sigh!

Daddima Mon 04-Feb-19 11:58:17

Talking of sheets, my friend has started chemotherapy, and the Macmillan nurse told her to keep c hores to a minimum. Her suggestion was to make up her bed with two sheets and a duvet, with the matching pillowcases on top in the daytime and underneath for sleeping. When changing the bed, the top sheet becomes the bottom sheet, and a new sheet becomes the top sheet. New pillowcases on only two pillows, so she’ll only be washing one sheet and two pillowcases.

Grandad1943 Mon 04-Feb-19 12:04:11

Terri Bull, with reference to your post @ 11:52 today, it is just another of your senseless rants which you seem so often to be nothing else but "full of" when you post on this forum.

MissAdventure Mon 04-Feb-19 12:06:09

I'm sure if we were all in same sex relationships we'd complain about our other half just as often.

TerriBull Mon 04-Feb-19 12:12:03

Strangely those "rants" are often in response to your - droning on about the same old shite- deep sensitivity to what is clearly a very upsetting issue for you flowers

MissAdventure Mon 04-Feb-19 12:12:50

grin

PECS Mon 04-Feb-19 12:14:11

Grandad I can see you feel vulnerable being in a minority but you must also notice that many/most of us do not find all men constantly irritating. However it is legit to let off steam when a life partner, of any sex/gender or none, has been thoughtless!

gillybob Mon 04-Feb-19 12:17:27

I have to say here that it really niggles me when I have cleaned the bathroom, my husband then uses it, I know its irrational but still ...........

I know exactly what you mean sodapop . Our shower went off with a bang last week and after fitting a replacement this weekend, my DH cleaned the bathroom to within an inch of it's life and far batter then i might have done. He then proceeded to bloomin' well used it Grrrrrrr grin

gillybob Mon 04-Feb-19 12:19:14

Oh dear , I'm out of practise......"better than I might have done".

BassGrammy Mon 04-Feb-19 12:22:50

I never change beds when people leave, chances are they are only here a night or two and it may well be the same people who come back next, so they get the same sheets, Of course if it’s someone different they get changed,