Gransnet forums

AIBU

Interesting times

(36 Posts)
Mycatisahacker Mon 25-Feb-19 19:37:24

Seriously does anyone have a best guess who will be in power this time next year? Will labour be a spent force? Will this new centre ground ‘party’ fly? Will the ERG shut up? Will we have brexuted? Will Anna Soubery ever shut up? Will Theresa May and Jeremy be sectioned together to get rid of them?

Do you ever know of a more mad political time?

Anja Tue 26-Feb-19 10:14:10

Don’t be silly...who’d want to be Nick Clegg!

Anja Tue 26-Feb-19 10:16:16

Ah yes TM did really well in the last election and ‘won’ it! ?

RosieLeah Tue 26-Feb-19 11:00:51

So many people are trying to undo the result of the last referendum, which indicates their contempt for democracy. This will discourage many from bothering to vote again. What effect will that have?

Urmstongran Tue 26-Feb-19 11:29:28

I agree he’s toxic now Anja but my point was lighthearted.

Momof3 Tue 26-Feb-19 23:22:10

It’s not trying to change democracy a lot has changed in 2 years. We’re more aware of the economic damage that Brexit is doing to the country as a whole.

Momof3 Tue 26-Feb-19 23:24:15

I want the government/politicians to do what’s best for the country now, not what the country was 2 years ago.

Grandad1943 Wed 27-Feb-19 07:28:39

Well, the political ground under Brexit certainly seemed to shift yesterday (26/02/19) with Theresa May offering MPs three ballots, one of which may allow them to delay Britains leaving of the EU.

There is still an enormous amount of uncertainty, but at least the prospect of the UK leaving without a deal now seems to be receding.

I still believe that Britain will eventually leave (perhaps in June) but in all probability with a customs agreement which would be the best outcome that the UK could now hope for after more than two and a half years of demanding an agreement from the EU that they under their treaties are unable to give.

It is certainly looking that those on this forum who have stated they are planning big celebrations for the 29th March may well have to cancel those functions in favour of a later date, which could be somewhat expensive where catering companies are involved. confused

Anja Wed 27-Feb-19 08:04:26

So was mine Urmston ?

Urmstongran Wed 27-Feb-19 08:06:19

Anja ??

LadyGracie Wed 27-Feb-19 10:48:03

First of all we need to redefine or rediscover Democracy, this particularly applies to those who represent us.