Gransnet forums

AIBU

The Men in White coats are coming for me soon [confused] there's room in the van for a few more!

(145 Posts)
bikergran Sat 23-Mar-19 19:06:47

Last Wednesday morning I (after years of deliberation) booked an appointment at the Docs! so far so good, I though wow!! theres an appoinment at 11.30 today!!! Wow! cant believe it! as we all know how impossible difficult it is to get an early app.

So I gets myself sorted and waiting until 11.00 gets down to the docs, waits patiently in the que, walks up to the desk (feeling good that I have at last made the attempt)

Receptionist asks name d.o.b etc etc says "hmm cant find you on list" then says "oh yes your hear" only! its not this Wednesday its Next! Wednesday.... confused blush

labazsisslowlygoingmad Thu 25-Apr-19 16:29:17

The other day a lovely casserole dish came into the charity shop i run. i proceeded to tell my partner about it and added its an agfa one! i actually meant aga!

bikergran Sun 21-Apr-19 19:45:16

Couldn't find my bag of mix salad today (new bag unopened)
Found it later in the microwave confused so I had a lettuce less salad for tea {rolls eyes]

bikergran Sun 21-Apr-19 19:43:20

smile

Maggiemaybe Sun 21-Apr-19 19:30:05

DS and I get a bit competitive about how many steps we clock up on our MiFits. I’ve been falling behind a bit so DH and I went out for a 5 mile walk today, most of it uphill. Feeling tired but virtuous, I went to the bathroom when we got back and saw my MyFit sitting on the windowsill. It’s on my wrist now - apparently I’ve walked 278 steps today. sad

Tweedle24 Sun 21-Apr-19 19:21:15

I do talks at two hospital. Did not check my diary last week. Right day, wrong hospital!

Eleanor21 Sun 21-Apr-19 19:11:30

Put porridge to cook in microwave, bowl ready for it on worktop, made a cup tea while listening to the news on the radio, took porridge out of microwave and poured it into the cup of tea. It does make a mess!

Elrel Sun 21-Apr-19 19:05:43

Mislaid train ticket, looked everywhere. Went to station and had one last search before giving up and buying another. Of course it was in my handbag.
A couple of days later, ready to go to hospital appointment, I couldn’t find my switched off phone. It was in the pocket of the coat I was wearing.

Elrel Sun 21-Apr-19 19:00:24

Merlot: Odd - I too was sure Pancake Day was a week earlier than it was, this year. I’ve never done that before.
I think I was mislead by shops having special displays so long before the day!

Maggiemaybe Fri 29-Mar-19 00:24:01

Thanks, bikergran! Though I think we’d all better rein ourselves in at the bottomless Prosecco afternoon tea if there aren’t any toilets onboard. It’ll be devil take the hindmost when we get to the services for a comfort break. smile

bikergran Thu 28-Mar-19 19:41:38

Maggie The "Jo Nesbo" is on the first bus under the next to last seat, pass it on when you have read it please smile

I have now hired a Fleet of double decker busses I am afraid these don't have "toilet facilities" so you will have to make your own arrangements Im afraid, (there will be a supply of weshee bottles) grin

There are a few reclining seats (no fighting girls/grandads)

GreenGran78 Thu 28-Mar-19 19:21:53

Sounds good to me Charleygirl. When the bill arrives we will have all forgotten to bring any money. With luck they will say, "Poor old souls!", and let us off paying! confused

Charleygirl5 Thu 28-Mar-19 09:36:21

GreenGran by my calculations it will need to be a fleet of vans. My first offer still stands, I am happy to drive one of the vans provided it is not too large but I cannot guarantee where we will end up. Maybe stop off somewhere for refreshments- the Ritz or the Savoy?

GreenGran78 Thu 28-Mar-19 09:26:29

We're gonna need a bigger van!

Bellanonna Thu 28-Mar-19 09:18:24

All the funnier because so many of them resonate!

Bellanonna Thu 28-Mar-19 09:17:51

Oh stop it, please ???????

Maggiemaybe Thu 28-Mar-19 08:29:20

At my reading group last night I apologised to my friend for forgetting to take back a book she hadn’t lent me. I felt better when she then proceeded to thank me for recommending a book I’ve never read. confused

If anyone’s missing a copy of Jo Nesbo’s Devil’s Star, I’ll have it with me when I get in the van.

annsixty Tue 26-Mar-19 11:26:21

When I went to visit my H in hospital yesterday, two members of the nursing staff said they had assumed they hadalready met me.
The wife of the man in the next bed had sat by my H and was talking to him.
H has dementia so he wouldn't have a clue anyway.
The man in the next bed sat watching and smiling.
I will put her name down for the van.

Margsus Tue 26-Mar-19 11:07:41

I opened a kitchen cupboard last week to get a baking dish out, and discovered a strange Pyrex dish (other makes are available) on the shelf. I have no recollection of buying a new dish, and no-one has been round bearing goodies in it - it has just appeared......it’s definitely not an old one I’d forgotten about as I only keep 3 or 4 dishes on that shelf and use them all the time. Very strange.....it is rather nice though!

breeze Tue 26-Mar-19 10:44:50

BradfordLass72 yeah, that's your story grin

BradfordLass72 Tue 26-Mar-19 10:28:12

I recently spent some time in hospital and as I was in a lot of pain, used to walk up and down the wards (which adjoined) until the night's medication kicked in.

After one such jaunt I went back to Room 10, now in darkness of course, and got into Bed 3, only to be joined moments later by an elderly man who had been in the en suite bathroom. 'What are you doing in my bed?' he asked.

I blamed the morphine as I scuttled back to the right ward.

Witzend Tue 26-Mar-19 07:56:31

Around this time last year dh and I went off for a concert he'd booked at the Festival Hall.
We found what was supposed to be the right auditorium, but there was no audience, just what looked like a rehearsal going on.

So we asked a couple of staff members who were passing, who checked our tickets.
Er, it was the right day and month - but the wrong year!! 2019, not 2018.
The (young!) staff had a good laugh with us, but I dare say they were thinking, 'Poor old things, it's a shame....'.

Still, we had a nice drink at the riverside bar, and a Thames-side walk before heading home. And thanks to the good old Freedom Pass, we hadn't even wasted train fares.

(All entirely dh's fault, of course, since he was the one who'd booked the tickets and put it in his diary!).

rosecarmel Tue 26-Mar-19 02:22:24

Me too!

dorcas1950 Mon 25-Mar-19 23:06:04

I am in tears of laughter ?

Benji3742 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:35:55

Very funny guys...I am in tears now lolgrin

paddyann Sun 24-Mar-19 23:15:38

My OH is taking part in research at the Memory Clinic,I went along for the run and we said we'd have lunch after his appointment.I sat in the reception area and read through the papers and heard him say goodbye to the receptionist and that he'd see her in a months time....he left .he'd forgotten I was with him .I did catch up with him in the car park and he was very embarassed ..the Memory clinic of all places ...lol